Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dinotte 200L
  • Haze

I have the 2 cell lithium version, but it’s switching to low battery mode pretty early into rides even after a long charge time.

I thought it was dying on me, but last night after switching to low battery mode, it switched back to normal again!

Could it be reporting a low battery incorrectly?

I’m sure there’s a sequence of button pushes etc. to reset the light – anyone know it?

theotherjonv

no, but email Dinotte and they’re supposedly incredibly fast at replying.

mikey74
    Free Member

Turn the light on by double clicking the on button; then while it is on, press the on button again to change settings. You can tell what setting it is on by the blue light at the end: Continuous means that you are on the highest setting; I think flashing once means it is the next level down, and then flashing twice means the lowest level.

Does sound like there is a fault though as I have the same lights and they have never done that, even when the batteries are low. You can easily tell when the batteries are low as the blue light turns red and the light strobes for 2 seconds.

HTTP404
    Free Member

yes i recall a reset sequence for the dinottes but can’t find it anywhere on the interweb or their site. if you get hold of it can you post it? thanks.

Haze

Thanks Mikey – what I’m after though, is a sequence you can do to reset the light back to factory defaults. Or something! I’m sure there was a post on the old forum about it.

Have emailed Dinotte anyway, just wondered if anyone here had experienced the same problem.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Just looking for it now 🙂

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Thy are in PDF format. Email me and i will send them on

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Resetting Li-ion light – Technical Bulletin When toggling between steady and flash mode, customers occasionally and inadvertently put the light into programming mode. If the programming mode is incorrect, the light will not function properly. Improper functioning may cause permanent low battery mode or other inappropriate functioning. A self test will confirm the light’s programming. If the program is incorrect this can be corrected with a few simple steps outlined below. To avoid entering programming mode, please make sure the light is connected and fully powered before toggling the light into flash mode. If you purchased your light June 2007 or later from the DiNotte Lighting online store, or other reseller of DiNotte lights, it is most likely you light is a 200L (white) or 140L (red, amber) Self test: A light that is powered OFF will perform a self test when the battery is connected. Make sure the power is OFF and disconnect the battery for six seconds. Plug in a fully charged battery. The light will experience three pulse sequences: Two short red pulses (pause) two short blue pulses. The third sequence will come from the headlight (or taillight) and will flash a number of times. A lithium ion light should flash three times. Programming Li-ion lights. (please read steps 1-8) before trying to reprogram the light. Any dwell time between steps will exit the light from its programming. 1. Power light OFF 2. Disconnect battery for six seconds 3. Press and hold power button (do not let go) 4. Connect battery 5. Within six seconds, light will illuminate – PROGRAMMING MODE 6. Release power button 7a Press power button once (light will flash once) 7b press power button again (light will flash twice) 7c press power button again (light will flash three times) 8. Within 2 seconds, the light will flash confirming its new program and turn itself off. If Step 8 occurs before you complete 7a, or 7b, redo steps 1-7.

Haze

That’s the one, I remember reading it before.

I’ve been using the light in flash mode on the commute over winter, so I guess I could’ve slipped it into programming mode by accident – thinking back, it probably started happening since I’ve been commuting regular.

Cheers Hobo, I’ll give it a try when I get home 🙂

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I had a similar problem and used it as fix. 6mths later it happenedagain. The guys at Dinotte are fantastic. If you email them i guarentee they will ask for you to return it and they will upgrade the engine for free.

Cost me postage of about £2

HTTP404
    Free Member

thanks from me too.

Haze

Had a very quick response from Dinotte – they say the resetting trick is really only a “band-aid” and a more permanent solution is required.

The programming mode problem is caused by the switch intermittently sticking.

So there you go, mine’s off on it’s holidays to the States…

theotherjonv

Ha!
    Guess whose light is playing up now. Just waiting for Dinotte to get back to me.

Haze; did you get your light fixed yet, or are you still waiting?

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

😀

Haze

Still waiting, expecting it back any day soon though!

Bit late for you Spaulding?!

Haze

Theotherjonv – at risk of boring Spaulding any further, it’s turned up today – shade under 2 weeks 🙂

theotherjonv

Thanks, got the fix emailed through from Dinotte but didn’t work so sent it back anyway this am.

Spaulding – there’s a simple answer if you find it boring? For me this is STW at it’s best, I need advice, someone gives it, job done.

Haze

It’s alright, he’s with me 😆

theotherjonv

OK, I feel pwned now. By a pic of a baby.

sc-xc

Yeah Spaulding…wind your freakin neck in.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dinotte 200L’ is closed to new replies.