Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • dinner and a DVD ? ( boys night in content )
  • grynch
    Free Member

Mrs. G is on a girls night out tonight so conversely that means I’m on a boys night in.

recommend me dinner and a movie…

for dinner I’m thinking a nice fillet of beef, maybe a truffle butter sauce, chips and a nice lil’ bottle of red. ( STW fat club?, what STW fat club !?!?! )

But a movie.. it’s ages since I’ve been to the video shop…what’s good out there for a movie without the Mrs.? ( and yes… I’ve seen Debbie Does Dallas, but thanks )

funkynick

Watched Tropic Thunder last night… was surprisingly good with a good number of laugh out loud moments…

grynch
    Free Member

never heard of it… anyone in it? ( me = off to IMDB )

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chvck
    Free Member

Crank is quite a good film, it’s quite manic through-out and full of action

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479884/

Soup
    Free Member

Taken – Liam Neeson.

grynch
    Free Member

thanks chVck…

tropic thunder.. ben stiller AND jack black.. I think I would rather chew off my arm..

grynch
    Free Member

crank from IMDB..Fast. Hyper. Action-packed. Drug-induced. Insane. Crank is all these things, and extremely entertaining too. No doubt a movie made just for the guys, it’s filled with guns, car chases, sex, random humor, nudity, Amy Smart, Pedro from Napolean Dynamite, sex, nudity, etc

now that could be a winner.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Burn After Reading or Pineapple Express.

grynch
    Free Member

*making a list*

Olly
    Free Member

Back to back special edition versions of the Alien Quadrilogy

or if your more into wizards, back to back Lord of the rings trilogy (around 12 hours in total though)

LOTR is certainly one for the life checklist, a truly epic mission involving lots of good coffee and frozen pizzas

miketually
    Free Member

Sex and the City? Mamma Mia? Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging? High School Musical 3?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You need to do a Jerry from the Good Life when Margot was away….waft curry around the place….!

Soup
    Free Member

Something worth a look is the biopic about an Australian BMX stuntmaster from the early 90’s.

‘Wicked Styx – Extreme Sick Radness to the Max’ is out now on DVD. Check out the extras to see his world record breaking trans-Australian wheelie and also the famous moment when his leg caught fire due to his extremeness while jumping across the Grand Canyon on his US tour.

grynch
    Free Member

mikeually, you’re not really on the same page as the rest are you.

IHN

for dinner I’m thinking a nice fillet of beef, maybe a truffle butter sauce, chips and a nice lil’ bottle of red.

For a boys night in? Laa-dee-****-dah.

Boys night in = kebab/curry and something action-tastic.

Unless you’re a , you know, whoopsie 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

grynch – Member

Is that like saying he’s on the other bus? Bowling from the Pavilion End?

grynch
    Free Member

INH.. I was out for curry sunday night.. no big deal.. but a slab of beer.. thats not often seen in the grynch househoold

action movie.. I’m thinking yes.. still looking at the ideas…gawd only knows what will be in my local shop tho..

grynch
    Free Member

slab of beef… not slab of beer ( altho………..)

barkeep… gimme a slab of beer wouldja !

grynch
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

grynch – Member

Is that like saying he’s on the other bus? Bowling from the Pavilion End?

captn.. I dont know,.. but boys night in and he recommends HS Musical 3???

your call…………

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Seen some really good films on DVD in the last 6 months:

No Country For Old Men, In Bruges, The Kiterunner, Gone Baby Gone, Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead, Knocked Up, Zodiac, The Last King of Scotland, Juno, Atonement, Cloverfield, In The Valley Of Elah are the highlights.

Have Gomorrah arriving in the post today courtesy of Lovefilm although I’m saving that as I’m watching Red Riding on C4 tonight. You might want to leave the film and watch this instead.

IdleJon

“Bowling from the Pavilion End? “

Strange saying that – I wouldn’t have a clue which end of a cricket field to bowl from. Does that say something about my sexuality?

(Deep manly voice) Oh, and I’d go for a chili kebab, lots of super strength lager, and quality pron. (Manly mode off.)

Anothe vote for In Bruges, and I’d do a pepper and mustard sauce with the steak, some nice roast asparagus and tomatoes, and lemon tart for dessert.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

What genre of film do you want? Find it strange that you wouldnt find Tropic Thunder funny but would be interested in Crank?

How about Rambo (Rambo 4)

grynch
    Free Member

gnargnar… action adventure would be good… and the story line of tropic thunder looked good for a laugh.. but ben stiller and jack black…. naw.

grynch
    Free Member

king of bisquits ( great name btw )

I’ve seen No Country For Old Men, The Last King of Scotland, Juno, Atonement, Cloverfield, in the last year or so… so maybe I’ll check out some of your other recommendations.

grynch
    Free Member

come to think cloverfield I saw on a plane to the states… weird movie that one.. so did the last couple get killed at the end?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Yes. Thank ****. Terrible self indulgent film.

DezB
    Free Member

Eden Lake. That’ll cheer you up. The only film that’s ever put the sh1ts up me. Always looking over my shoulder when I’m out walking the dog after watching that.

Edit: when I say always, I mean occasionally. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to see where I was going.

Poindexter
    Free Member

Have you seen “The Last King of Scotland”?

It’s the only film for about 10 years that I can truly say has blown me away. Brilliant.

Or if you fancy a laugh, “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”… Whether you like Russel Brand or not, the seen where he’s shagging an oversize chess piece is hilarious. Lots of LOL moments and a couple of quality birds too.

grynch
    Free Member

thanks all… some good suggestions… now just to see what they have in my local vid. shop ( do we still call them vid shops btw?.. thats sort of went out with “record store” )

*walks away muttering*

grynch
    Free Member

oh while I’m thinking.. there was a couple of years ago I think with Sean Penn.. a follow up to ” Mystic River”..

but I can’t find anything in IMDB.. any one know what I’m on about?

( mystic river was filmed in Boston.. where I^m from… so I was thinking that might be interesting )

Milkie
    Free Member

I didn’t think video shops existed anymore. We had 5 in this town.. Now there’s none!

Crank isn’t a great film, worth watching, but there’s better Jason Statham films out.

Another vote for Pineapple Express here. Don’t know if these are out, Bangkok Dangerous, Pride & Glory, Eagle Eye.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Milkie
    Crank isn’t a great film, worth watching, but there’s better Jason Statham films out.

Another vote for Pineapple Express here. Don’t know if these are out, Bangkok Dangerous, Pride & Glory, Eagle Eye.

I actually enjoy Jason Statham’s movies but I couldnt in good conscience call them “good”. As far as movies where he is the lead, Crank is about as good as it gets. As for Bangkok Dangerous, I cant imagine how a remake of a crap film, by the directors of the original could be really much good.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Boys night in ingredients: Takeaway pizza, six-pack of beer, Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 in quick succession.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Go B&W – War movies – Ice Cold In Alex, The Cruel Sea or the Caine Mutiny, or Bogart Classics like Treasure of the Sierra Madre or The Big Sleep

caledonia
    Free Member

Crank is amazing.
    Some funny bits, and a very fast paced, fast cut film.

RepacK
    Free Member

Curry, 6 pack of Tennants XXX Brain Death & the WHOLE series of Ashes to Ashes..

Lets fire up the Quattro..

richc
    Free Member

IN bruges is a very good film if you haven’t seen it, a bit weird tho.

kimbers

if you are going B&W Citizen Cane!

ghost dogs good if you aint seen it yet

will
    Free Member

Food: Sausages, mash, gravy

Film: Charlie’s Anals

😉

peteimpreza

The Dark Knight.

Doner Kebab and a Chicken Kebab, chili sauce of course

Chips

Beer.

Breeze blocks to hold the sheets down when the above starts to work……….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘dinner and a DVD ? ( boys night in content )’ is closed to new replies.