Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dimple speeding a Summer season?
  • Olly
    Free Member

working on my summer season build (the frame hasnt arrived yet)
    its going to be a "dicking about descender"

slack as hell, long fork, bwaarp.

toying with the idea of singlespeeding it, i quite like descending on a singlespeed, as it make you keep off the brakes, then i had a bit of a brain wave.

dimple speed, like that "simple fun in verbier video" might be a good way to go.

two cogs, two rings, one set up for a relaxed winding up the hill (24 – 18 praps?)
    and then one for descending back down again. (32 or 34:15)

a roller tensioner should make it pretty easy to change the gear, with a quick stop and a fiddle with the quick release.

anyone single speeded a summer season?
    how does 32:16, for instance, fair? (i always wondered why manafacturers dont make chainstays magic ratio length for 32:16)
    single speed just "fits" and when it stretches a little, add a tensioner in push up…..

wwaswas

"Dimple speeding"

I don't know what this is but it sounds very cuddly.

Olly
    Free Member
    thomthumb
    Free Member

google dinglespeeding (what it's really known as) and you will find lots of stuff. 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

awesome.

obvious now google has pointed it out.

as long as the chainring and the sprocket add up to the same number, the same chain length will work.

Olly
    Free Member

bump-rgasm: no single speeded Summer seaons then?

would be AWESOME if it had slot dropouts mefinks.

super versatile 😀

devs
    Free Member

There will be a single speeded summer season here as soon as my new frame arrives.

Olly
    Free Member

the bad news is, 32:16 produces 5.5" of slop in the chain on a SS :,(

praps a halflink BMX chain would be better…..

might be easier to just have gears, but more cost, and theres something nice about descending with nothing but the noise of tyres, a clicky hub (and the sloshing of a wet fork i suppose)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dimple speeding a Summer season?’ is closed to new replies.