• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tang.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dilemma – Tour of Britain content.
  • tang
    Free Member

I have just been given a full VIP treatment ticket by one of the teams for the finish on the Tumble on Tuesday, transport included, champers the lot. It’s my first day back at work where I teach cycling one day a week, new students etc. I only do this once a week and am actually serving out my notice due to another job. All my other stuff is SE and I could have done any other day. I so want to go but lying is not on my radar. I think I will let them know and see what they say. They know I’m a cycling nut so might be able to dress it as staff development…..what would you do?

m360
    Free Member

I’d give the ticket to someone who has the day off on Tuesday.

As it happens, I can get a shift swap at short notice…

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I’m free Tuesday and will take the bullet for you. Email in profile 😉

tang
    Free Member

Yeah I feel like I’m not going. Not for me to give away though!

bensales
    Free Member

I’m not sure they’d be very interested in developing a member of staff who is leaving…

fwiw, I’m in a similar boat, in that I’m doing my notice, and the Tour starts in Worcester on Wednesday morning. So it’ll be an ‘early lunch’ for me.

slowoldman

Well I’m a bit surprised you give a toss, since you’re leaving.

But I’m old and cynical having done the right thing too many times for no reward.

tang
    Free Member

I’d love to pull a sickie and feel fine about it, but I know I wouldn’t. One of the reasons I’m off is now having to pay for some further training myself. £1ks worth that used to be paid for. It’s not a money job, but more doing something you love 1 day a week. I’m not paying to do that! Given more notice I could have applied for non paid absence.

BigJohn

It’s your life but champagne isn’t all that.

aracer
    Free Member

The question is whether it’s your employers or the students you’d be letting down.

tang
    Free Member

Exactly. I’ve passed up the offer now.

tang
    Free Member

Honesty is the best policy. Emailed the Principle on Friday with an honest account of the offer I’ve had and he’s just dropped me a line saying go for it! His line is it’s exceptional and if it inspires the teacher then that rubs off on the students. See you on the Tumble!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dilemma – Tour of Britain content.’ is closed to new replies.