Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • dilemma – tax rebate & being sensible (or not!) content
  • morgs
    Free Member

Hi all,

Got a bit of a dilemma here…..I opened a dreaded letter from the HMRC to find a cheque for £1200 in it! Naturally very happy about this, but it does open the question of what to do with it…

I could be sensible and pay off my car insurance and bank the rest into savings….

Or buy a 1×10 sp inbred set up with slicks for commuting and a new shock or a shock repair for the Attack Trail….

Or I could sell the Marin and buy a Canyon Nerve AM. Thinking that I should get at least £600 for the Attack Trail…so that would get me a very nice spec.

What would you do if the choice was yours…?

Morgs

sam_underhill

new bike

thread closed

trail_rat
    Free Member

if i was already in a monthly payment scheme for the insurance – leave it running as it would be budgeted for from my monthly

if my shock was busted id fix it

then id bank the rest …..

but i am saving for a house – although the bike does come first 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

Spend it on nice things. Unless you are saving for something specific it’ll just disappear into the system and you’ll forget you ever got it.

honourablegeorge

I got a tax rebate last year. I dithered about for a while, considering a new frame, or bling wheelset and new forks.

In the end, the wife took the cheque, and put it away in a savings account, where I’ll never see it again.

In short, don’t **** about. Buy a bike, immediately.

chakaping
    Free Member

new bike time!

morgs
    Free Member

looks like thats me told!

thinking of it another way round now….buy a nice wheel set (hope / flow’s) then use the hope xc / mavics as a commuter set and start ‘adding’ to the bits box until i get a nice HT built.

grrrr decisions decisions lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘dilemma – tax rebate & being sensible (or not!) content’ is closed to new replies.