Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dilemma of a non car owner – are there public lockers in/near Dumfries?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

Hi everyone, thinking of taking a trip to Dumfries by train tomorrow for some Mabie/Tour of Britain action. Found some sneaky cheap trains, but what about my stuff? I went to Fort William recently, and it was great to leave my stuff in the locker at the train station, all fresh on my return.

Anyone know of owt? I once went to Laggan and left my stuff in the cafe – which meant i felt a bit awkward going in to get my lunch! so what you saying?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

I’m guessing the collective silence means there aren’t any?! 😉

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Don’t think there are lockers at the train station but Ross at Kirkpatrick Cycles in the town centre may keep your stuff for you, he’s easy to bribe with donuts, etc. 01387 254011.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pottsathome
    Free Member

Or just say your name is Rachael

jota180
    Free Member

There’s bound to be a leisure centre, just use a changing room locker

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Never thought of DG1, council leisure centre.

Careful pottsy, this is a public forum. You never know who’s watching.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I dump gear all the time for swims, and have done for long rides too. Usually I’ll just bung it in a well hidden bag in some nettles a little way outside town (in woods / on a riverbank or whatever).

Not had anything nicked yet, even left laptops and phones a few times.

Obviously don’t do this in city centres as some idiot might think you’re dumping a bomb or something, but just outside town is usually fine.

In cities / towns have left gear with pubs (in case I came back late), and had no problems. Kind of prefer an out of town gear drop for swimming though, as you come back dripping wet always!

pottsathome
    Free Member

Ha. You riding Thursday Keith ?

properbikeco
    Free Member

DG1 is very close to train station, I’d just lock it up in there and plead ingnorance when you go back later to collect it

Trekster

http://www.kirkpatrickcycles.co.uk/
    http://www.cycle-centre.com/
    http://www.dg2wheels.co.uk/

Local bike shops. Give them a call and they may be able to help. They close around 5pm

Only problem with trying to use DGone is getting back in to get your stuff without paying for another swim ❗

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Should be riding Thursday. Might try and tag along with you guys.

O.P. Ross at Kirkpatrick Cycles says mmmm, donuts.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I’ve decided to ‘go light’ as I’m not sure I have the chutzpah to stash stuff in a leisure centre or the undergrowth! I shall have a scout when I’m down there for next time though 🙂

Trekster

Would have been happy to help out but working tomorrow as are pots and Sqwubs I would imagine
    Mabie cafe is open so you can probably drop what you don’t need there before your ride. ’tis only an easy 5ish mile ride out to Mabie btw 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dilemma of a non car owner – are there public lockers in/near Dumfries?’ is closed to new replies.