Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Digital swithover questions
  • flashes
    Free Member

We've a Sony TV with built in freeview and a Sony DVD recorder. Since yesterday the TV tuned in OK but the DVD recorder didn't (despite trying 3 times).

We're considering getting a Humax PVR-9300T – DVB digital TV tuner / HDDr or something similar but with a built in DVD recorder.

Questions. I understand twin tuners mean you can watch 1 thing and record another. If the PVR is single tuner could we record 1 programme with that while watching another channel via the TV tuner?

Has anyone bought anything similar. Did it work? What would you recommend?

Cheers

uplink
    Free Member

Questions. I understand twin tuners mean you can watch 1 thing and record another. If the PVR is single tuner could we record 1 programme with that while watching another channel via the TV tuner?

Yes

if it had twin tuners you could record 2 & watch a 3rd

richcc
    Free Member

I've had a Humax 9200 for ages and it's been great. I wouldn't entertain getting a single channel PVR. Sometimes get some good deals on refurbished Humax stuff directly from them HERE

I've just installed a foxsat box for my father in law and am very impressed. Get some HD content and get benefit of iPlayer (other on demand services coming later in the year) if you are hooked up to internet.

Alternative is to wait for the decent Freeview HD boxes to come along.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Digital swithover questions’ is closed to new replies.