Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Digital camera recomendations
  • Elmo
    Free Member

I've been quite happy using my Sony Ericcson phone as my camera. Reasonable enough and handy to whip out whilst riding.
    However i've now got an iphone, as good as its reputed to be, the camera certainly is not!

Putting my b'day money and some vouchers together i'd like to buy a proper camera.
    I'm finding the choice-given my limited knowledge-bewildering.
    I've got about £200.
    I've know there's some very enthusiastic-and talented photographers here…….

So what can you reccommend?!

Thank you 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

Panasonic Lumix TZ8 is worth a look or the Canon Ixus range.

grantway
    Free Member

Take a look at the digi-good web site good savings on there

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

another vote for Lumix cameras, classy and nice wide angle lenses on the better models well worth checking out.

Philby

Panasonic Lumix TZ7 has just be superceded by the TZ10 and there appear to be plenty of good prices on the net. It has had excellent reviews and does video as well. Apparently about the onlt downside is that it doesn't have a manual function (which the TZ10 does)/

BillMC

Lumix

grumm
    Free Member

Lumix or Ixus.

There was a good looking deal at PC world on a lumix for about £150 – can't remember the exact model.

Elmo
    Free Member

With the ixus or lumix is it a case of buying the best i can afford or are there some features to look out for?

I think the Camera may well come from Argos.

Work have been handing out vouchers as a little bonus-so may aswell put these towards it.
    Got em for nowt!

Elmo
    Free Member
    Earl
    Free Member

You could by mine for £120 posted

Lumix T65
    3 weeks old from Currys. Ex condition. Boxed with accessories. Photos available.

TZ65 specs

TZ65 thread

timwillows
    Free Member

On a similar vein what is to choose between a Lumix TZ7 (last years top of the range) and a TZ8, this year's no. 2? Both available for just over £200 and I'm finding it hard to make a sensible choice

Elmo
    Free Member

Tempted but i can get 20% off Argos price through a mate. And i have the vouchers-which won't get used otherwise!

So Lumix over the Ixus FTW?

Got them both reserved until i decide,just get her to buy the one i want!

Elmo
    Free Member

Sorry for pestering…….but i know less about photography than i do about bikes! 😳 😕

Saw this too,or is this just different all together and not of the same class?
    http://tinyurl.com/y849hdb

molgrips
    Free Member

Sony.. T90 I think it is. Nice.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

For mountain biking an Olympus Mju SW. Shock proofed and water resistant, 'nuff said.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Digital camera recomendations’ is closed to new replies.