Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Digital camera for a 6 year old. Your recomendations please
  • binners

Binners Junior seems to have developed a love of taking photo’s. She’s surprisingly good too. By luck or judgment (maybe a bit of both), she’s getting some good snaps though. Unfortunately this tends to involve her hauling my SLR in front of her face. Its about the same size as her. It also isn’t good for my heart condition as she’s bound to drop it soon. But I don’t want to discourage her

So… the cheaper option is to get her a digital camera. I don’t want to scare her with too many functions, but I’d like it to be good enough for her to get some decent images. I don’t want to get her one of the ‘kids’ ones as they look…. well… crap really.

Any recommendations out there from the STW photographic massive?

Thanks

Bez

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&safe=off&q=pentax+w80&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

Dunkable, droppable, easy to use, and has panfocus mode for shooting with no shutter lag.

stumpy01

fujifilm xp10? It’s a ‘rugged’ camera, fairly cheap & simple to use. Perhaps a bit simple in terms of features?

I’ve used the previous generation of these, and while it wasn’t great picture quality (quite soft), it wasn’t bad either.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I’d go for anything cheap & basic from ebay tbh, fewer grown up tear shed if/when it got lost. Accept she might break it if she drops it.

While I can go for the idea of the ruggedised camera like the Pentax or Olympus MJU SW kids can & do loose things.

All of the above is rendered invalid of course if the idea is to justify buying a Pentax/MJU SW for biking purposes but hiding it behind your 6 year olds interest in snapping pics.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

this is what we’ve bought our 5 1/2 year old for xmas (don’t tell her…). As with yours, our girl is actually really good at taking pictures.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Digital camera for a 6 year old. Your recomendations please’ is closed to new replies.