Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Difficulty bleeding rear brake and reverb…
  • slimsi
    Free Member

Cannot get them to bleed properly & suddenly thought occurred to me that on my zesty the hoses route internally through a guide in headset I took out and put back in when finished routing cables…

If I did this up to tight and crushed the hoses would this cause them to be very difficult to bleed?

The rear brake always seems mushy yet no air and the reverb works then stops working and when you try to pump fluid through it the syringes leak like crazy and hard to push…

slimsi
    Free Member

Bump

coatesy
    Free Member

Doubtful if the guide is the problem, it’s thread is in the form of a lug which leaves a gap when tightened.For the reverb, every bleed kit i’ve used seems to suck air in for fun, try not to create too much vacuum, and you can usually get by.Brakes, bleeding usually needs to be a lot more thorough, and takes a lot longer than the owners manual/tech videos would have you believe, also worth making sure your caliper is aligned perfectly(rotor dead centre of pad gap, pads perfectly flat to the rotor, and both hitting at exactly the same time), and your caliper pistons aren’t sticking, both can cause mushy lever feel/long lever travel.

slimsi
    Free Member

Ok thanks – yer there is always air coming from the reverb and think this can’t all be from inside the post or hose…

Brake wise I bled them before and never had this much trouble will check they are not stuck…

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Difficulty bleeding rear brake and reverb…’ is closed to new replies.