Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Different/decent wedding venue if you could, please!
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Popped the question yesterday and was hoping to hire Saltaire Brewery out for a night do/reception. Unfortunately they have stopped hiring the venue out so need to look at something different. Wanting something a little different for around 160 guests, tried Bradford Bulls but it will be slap bang in the middle of the season so another none starter.

Any ideas? Also, looking for somewhere nice to get married, only twenty guests going so maybe a pub/hotel in the Lakes or Dales that can cater for everything. Not the Red Lion at Burnsall though, our lad got married there last year!

Cheers.

ElShalimo

Tempest Arms, Elslack near Skipton

midlifecrashes

Ingleborough Cave, that would be different.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Tempest Arms, good shout mate. Think they have hot tubs in some of the rooms too 😆

ElShalimo

They do mate but when we got hitched they were already booked so we slummed it in the executive suite
    😀

Email in profile if you want more info

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Oh, my heart bleeds mate! I’ve just emailed them, will drop you a line if I need any more info. You local?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Hora, few things to go at there!

ElShalimo

Not local, live in HX4

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I’m from Skipton but, funnily enough, my better half is from Halifax.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Friend has hired York Maze. You get the whole thing for a weekend. They have some bands coming, guests camping over. Bit of a festival type affair.

johndoh
    Free Member

Fountains Abbey for the wedding?

Then pictures in the grounds / Abbey itself?

Then I would suggest Theakstons / Black Sheep for the party (no idea if either do parties)!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I’ve just supplied York Maze with some of our products, may be a tad too far plus as I am in my mid forties I don’t think my 97 Gran would take too well to camping!! Fountains Abbey looks really good – got two hours in Saltaire Brewery to do my research before the other half picks me up!

bearnecessities

Congrats 😀

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Rich – although it has severe implications on the carbon wheels I’m after for the road bike 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Friend has hired York Maze. You get the whole thing for a weekend. They have some bands coming, guests camping over. Bit of a festival type affair.

Not jealous. No not in the slightest. Me jealous? Nah. honest.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I was at Glyncorrwyg once when someone was having their wedding reception there, using The Drop Off Cafe as their venue. It was summer, people were camping, the atmosphere was amazing. I thought that was a sublime example.

johndoh
    Free Member

BTW – Fountains Abbey only do civil ceremonies (but I assumed that’s what you wanted with your OP).

We had ours there and had canapes in the Elizabethan garden – but it is only small and they only do canapes in there though – but it is private and really intimate.

(Not our wedding in the pic, just a random I found)

Ohh and the pic I put up there – the first pic is not of the Abbey, it’s of the hall where the weddings take place. They are not allowed to do weddings in the ruins of the Abbey itself.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Johndoh – looking into it now, looks really good. Have emailed them and, as a Skipton lad, have also got in touch with Skipton Castle as they do something similar. Either way we’d have to get somewhere else for a meal/accommodation but very much appreciate your help.

martinhutch

Cavendish Pavilion, Bolton Abbey?

http://www.cavendishpavilion.co.uk/

Really nice inside these days, lovely setting. Might be ££££ though!

Cruck Barn at Appletreewick is another possible, decent size inside.

Tempest would be good – I prefer its sister pub the Fountaine in Linton.

Home page

EDIT: How about Broughton Hall?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Maybe?

theteaboy
    Free Member

Congratulations!

Ripley Castle is ace.

A friend booked this place for her wedding but then decided the groom was the wrong guy. Nevertheless, the venue looks interesting: http://www.broughtonhall.co.uk/utopia/

ElShalimo

teaboy – did you do the decent thing and be the last minute stand-in ?

muddy9mtb

not that far for you – hire this country estate to yourself for the weekend http://www.middletonlodge.co.uk/

brilliant wedding there and the guests can stay overnight

kjcc25
    Free Member

http://www.woodland-weddings.co.uk

They’ve started doing woodland weddings on Cannock Chase. The Follow the Dog Trail goes through the middle of the area where they do the weddings.

theteaboy
    Free Member

ElShalimo – Member
    teaboy – did you do the decent thing and be the last minute stand-in ?

Alas, no. My first recommendation was from my wedding and, last time I checked, bigamy was frowned upon.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Ripley Castle is ace

We got married there 7 years ago.

We had ours in the old part, nice venue as you have a few smaller rooms for people to split between in the evening.

The new part wasn’t for us, once inside you could have been anywhere.

mrjmt
    Free Member

They’ve started doing woodland weddings on Cannock Chase. The Follow the Dog Trail goes through the middle of the area where they do the weddings.

Arrange for a STW group fly ride-by?

ElShalimo

the teaboy – Member 
    Alas, no. My first recommendation was from my wedding and, last time I checked, bigamy was frowned upon.

I’m sure they’re just guidelines
    😉

PiknMix
    Free Member

Can’t help you with a venue but congratultions.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Many thanks for both your comments and ideas. We have decided, I think, on the Priests House at Bolton Abbey followed by a meal and night at the Tempest Arms. I have no doubt that this will change on a daily basis over the next few months!

ElShalimo

Enjoy!!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Different/decent wedding venue if you could, please!’ is closed to new replies.