Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Different kind of Alpine adventure: Pics.
  • DezB
    Free Member

Just got back from 5 day Alps tour – German style. These guys don't visit a ski resort to get chairlifted up and fly down the trails. Oh, no! they start in one country and ride across the alps to end up somewhere else.
    A German colleague invited me and a fellow colleage a few years ago and we took him up on the challenge. Started in Switzerland, through Lichtenstein, ended up in Italy. Totally awesome week. Never been so knackered though!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

looks really, really good

giantjason
    Free Member

looks good.

what is the name of the company?

ChrisE
    Free Member

That's what we're doing in two weeks (tonight). We start from Mittenwald (Germany) to Austria to Italy to Venice – 7 days riding. This is probably our 5th different trip. It is totally addictive.

C

DezB
    Free Member

@giantjason – no company involved (unless you mean the one we work for?). Marc, our German friend, did all the arrangements with the accommodation and planned each day's route. We followed his GPS.
    There's loads of info in German on the web, unfortunately it's not that poplular with us lot, so not much in English.

@ChrisE – Great stuff. Yep, can't wait to get back out there again myself!

ChrisE
    Free Member

As you say best to sort yourself out (no company). There are huts everywhere. I sent all the maps, routes, photo's etc to Alpin (of this forum) and he's currently doing Oberstdorf – Ischgl – Madrichjoch (10,00ft) – Garda. Aparently there are more than 100,000 people per year who do a Transalp but I bet 99,000 of those are German/Swiss/Austrian

C

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Different kind of Alpine adventure: Pics.’ is closed to new replies.