Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Differences between the big supermarkets
  • momo

DrRSwank you do know that there is a Waitrose in Lincoln don't you?

It's up on Searby Road off Nettleham road.

Here in fact.

Kevevs
    Free Member

There's no fact here without piktures. Post a pic of yourself, so we know what beauty is not in ASDA. need some sorta comparison. ta.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Good shout for the Co-Op, nice stuff, not so sure now they have merged with Somerfield, but I won't discount it until I give it a go.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Loving the irony of snobbish ponces looking down their noses at others, yet still shopping at supermarkets!

Get over yourselves. I accept this is a desperate attempt by Arsewank* and others to try to appear above the 'common herd', but Ugliness? Please. Let's have a look at you, so we can judge your pulchritude. Come on!

'Ooh look at me I shop at Waitrose because I'm so special and clever lah de dah'. Pfft. Fortnum and Mason's is where it's at, or did you not do well enough at school? 🙄

What is it with the pretentious willy-waving on here? Sad and pathetic.

Personally, I shop at LiDLs (same basic stuff as in other supermarkets, but cheaper), local market, Co-Op/Somerfield and Tesco's sometimes and Waitrose, as they're my local supermarkets. Each has their pusses and minuses. Waitrose's meat is way overpriced and not that great quality. Rip off. LiDLs doesn't offer the greatest shopping experience, it must be said. The others are mediocre at best.

Stuck-up ponces…

*Unless of course it's a clever troll, to flush out the snobs…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Stuck-up ponces..

Truest words spoken on this thread!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

You don't need a picture of me. You just need to know I shop in Waitrose. Nuff said.

But, I think my original thought has been lost. It's nothing about snobbiness, more a general observation that on my supermarket oddessy today the people got uglier as I descended down the value chain.

I'm sure jaffa cakes sold in Aldi are the same as those in Waitrose – they're just eaten by less attractive people.

Oh. And thanks for the tip about Waitrose in Lincoln. I need a nice organic beef joint tomorrow and Waitrose do an excellently trimmed one 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, am I a stuck up ponce because I would rather have confidence in where the food I buy comes from? Especially in regards to animal welfare and preserving the links between farming and the environment? (+1 for the CoOp, by the way, they do a great deal on local and ethically sourced food!)

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I can choose to drive 7 miles each way to Tesco/Sainsburys or walk five minutes to Waitrose, its also next to the bus station where I get off on my way home

Not willy waving, just shopping locally,saving petrol costs and valuable time
    Did the same in London when my nearest supermarket was Sainsburys in Walthamstow Market.

Talkemada
    Free Member

You don't need a picture of me

Yes we do mate; oh yes we do! Come on, money where your mouth is! Let's see what an amazingly beautiful and attractive person you are! Let us be the judges of where you should and shouldn't shop, eh?

CaptainFlash: I was making a point about snobbishness, not criticising those who shop in a particular supermarket. I shop at Waitrose, ffs, and I'm proper scum! (Standards really have slipped; they let in anyone these days) 😀 it's just that I don't judge people by where they shop; as for their looks, I've seen some stunning ladies in LiDLs, and some right 'munters' in Waitrose. and vice-versa.

Waitrose is just as corporate and **** as anyone else. I know people who've worked in their head office. They've told me a few interesting facts about Waitrose's 'organic' and 'high-quality' foods, let me tell you.. 😉 (Same crap as everywhere else, just clever marketing).

Happy Shopper FTW!!! 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Apart from the obvious troll, why do some think this thread is a bit highbrow ?

No one is willy waving on this thread, but there does seem to be people that feel the need to defend their choice of supermarket….

Go figure.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So, am I a stuck up ponce because I would rather have confidence in where the food I buy comes from?

Nah mate, you're just a stuck up ponce (who doesn't realise his sentences shouldn't finish with a preposition) 😀 😉
    (only joking fella, I loves ya really)

Seriously though Swank…you're trolling, surely? Or are you this disagreeable in real life?

oddessy

Strangely enough, in the world of beautiful people that shop in Waitrose, there are those that try and replace simple words with ones that sound a little more clever, but then mess it up by not spelling them correctly.

Odyssey

HTH.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Love the grammarnazism, Darcy! 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

CFH obviously has an American spell checker 😉

Talkemada
    Free Member

Still waiting for those pics, Rswank… 🙄

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No. Really no picture of me is needed.

It's like skin cream. Use it and stay younger looking and wrinkle free. Don't use it and look like Dot Cotton by the time you're 30.

Shopping in Waitrose IS my beauty regime. I'm sure I've spotted wrinkles since going into Asda.

I stand by my assertion. People who shop in the more quality supermarkets make more effort and look better for it. Those who are more concerned with filling thier trolleys with cheap food look, well, cheap……

It's like the old saying about owners looking like thier dogs. Same us true for supermarket customers – with Asda being the Staffordshire Bull Terrier of the world.

Edit: sorry about the spelling. I'm typing this from my iPhone

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Love the grammarnazism, Darcy!

You're so perfect Flashy that I have to find the smallest little things…

I'll be paying close attention to my spelling/grammar for the next few days 🙂

angryratio
    Free Member

I shop where ever it is easy to shop. My fellow shoppers have little bearing on the experience.
    Waitrose i claim 15% partner discount so i instantly have good reason to shop there, i like the beer/wine range and fresh stuff tends to be brill.

Tesco, big/ or small convenience locally, and coop in my village.

As for only choosing a market because it fits in with the badge on the bonnet of car you drive etc. tosh.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The fatties that I see walking around the local Sainsburys really could benefit from going on the Waitrose diet.

I lost ten pounds when I started doing my weekly shop at Waitrose.

Talkemada
    Free Member

No. Really no picture of me is needed.

Yes it is!

Ha! You've been called on this one, and you can't show your hand! 😆 Come on; where's yer mugshot?

I'm typing this from my iPhone

I find the accused guilty of being a Ponce.

Case dismissed!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I lost ten pounds when I started doing my weekly shop at Waitrose.

So did I when I bought those hand picked and dried vanilla pods from Madagascar along with the olives stuffed with chillies grown by Lebanese pixies followed by Tuna, seduced from the oceans by blind mermaids singing "Rio" by Duran Duran. It was expensive, but hey, I'm worth it 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

seduced from the oceans by blind mermaids singing "Rio" by Duran Duran

😆 Quality, DD!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Simply exquisite DD, delectable cuisine befitting of the distinguished English gent you clearly are!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it must be great to be the cream on the genetic pool…

Bunnyhop

Lol.

'Booths' for me, shame there isn't one nearer.
    Co-op is the only one in our village. Loads of fat,old, uglies in there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it must be great to be the cream on the genetic pool…

Surely you'd know sfb? No? 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Simon (FB), you miserable git, get a life, FFS its just a thread on a website!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you miserable git, get a life, FFS its just a thread on a website!

surely people with lives would not feel the need to slag off the disfavoured on a website ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not a bad troll.

Kevevs
    Free Member

is there a pic yet?

piha
    Free Member

The good dr?

The Shrunken Dr!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Lichfield Waitrose is full of WAGS on a weekend – The car park is like a Porshe / Ferrari battleground.
    Lichfield Tesco is also full of NAGS on a weekend – the car park is like a LADA / Skoda battleground… nuff said.

allyharp

I couldn't care less what the people in my supermarket look like!
    If the cheapest places are full of ugly munts I'm happy to shop there – if it's convenient.

My favourite foodstuff is probably bread, closely followed by cakes, and as such Morrison's are my favourite of the big supermarkets – their bakery is just miles better than any of the others. Unfortunately they don't have much presence around Surrey though – it's very much a Sainsbury's/Waitrose mix here.

mudshark
    Free Member

Oh and if you have a Lidl in your neighbourhood then you really do live in a sh**e area.

Well there's one in Farnham and Leatherhead – better areas than most for sure.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Breaking news…… they've just opened a Lidl in callmedave's constituency, he is afterall a man of the people!

backhander
    Free Member

It's like the old saying about owners looking like thier dogs. Same us true for supermarket customers – with Asda being the Staffordshire Bull Terrier of the world.

I think staffordshire bull terriers are better looking than you actually.

Kevevs
    Free Member

plenty of fitties in local asda, whether I ever get a chance is another matter!

crazy-legs

br
    Free Member

I like shopping in the cheaper stores, from Aldi through to Morrisons/Asda.

The food is as good as the dearer brands, and I always get called Sir and treated well – especially when well dressed.

MrOvershoot

CaptainFlashheart – Member

So, am I a stuck up ponce because I would rather have confidence in where the food I buy comes from? Especially in regards to animal welfare and preserving the links between farming and the environment? (+1 for the CoOp, by the way, they do a great deal on local and ethically sourced food!)

I would be very careful in trusting what a retailer says it does compared to what it actually practices in the real world.

Having worked in the food industry for over 20 years I can tell you that Waitrose & The Co-Op are no different than almost all the others (Tesco are worse though)

Jamie
    Free Member

I sidestep the alledged ugly customer base of Tesco by getting my shopping delivered. When I do have to go in a store it's usually Morrisons as it has a lush salad bar.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Differences between the big supermarkets’ is closed to new replies.