• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Differences between PS4 Slim and Pro?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Currently thinking about upgrading my PS3 but don’t understand the differences between the two PS4 models – is it simply the storage space or does the Pro have any other features? It would be used for light gaming duties and for streaming Plex / Netflix etc.

And – any shouts on deals / best FPS games (long time CoD fan). Cheers

Drac

Pro does 4K that’s pretty much it although it is also faster.

rossburton
    Free Member

For light gaming duties save your money and get a Slim.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pro is more ‘powerful’ and in theory can show games in greater detail, greater shadows, longer depth of field etc.

I say theory because it sort of relies on game makers adding all that detail in for the 5% of PS4s in circulation that can show it and it mostly relies on having a 4K TV.

I’m not sure what Sony was trying to do with the Pro, other than compete with Microsoft with the Xbox X – they seem to be a short stop-gap before the proper next gen in a few years (unless they drop generations all together).

Drac

I say theory because it sort of relies on game makers adding all that detail in for the 5% of PS4s in circulation that can show it and it mostly relies on having a 4K TV.

All new releases are pretty much 4K and a fair few older releases have been updated.

johndoh
    Free Member

But for my use (especially as I don’t actually have a 4k TV yet – although this may happen soon) it would be a pointless upgrade?

Drac

Possibly, you could go secondhand and pick up a Pro cheaper for future proofing. I bought a Pro last year as I got a deal price, it’s had loads of use and my other one I use as a spare. 4K TV has been delayed but I’ll be getting one in coming months.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Differences between PS4 Slim and Pro?’ is closed to new replies.