Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Difference in Rolling Radius between 700x23c and 700x25c ?
  • cr500dom
    Free Member

I have limited clearance on my Cube road bike, especially if I am going to fit some road racer guards.

Before I order some replacement tyres Does anyone know the difference in rolling radius between 23c and 25c tyres ?
    Conti GP4 Seasons specifically ?
    Cheers
    Dom

crikey
    Free Member

Cruds are only for 23c tyres, as far as I can recall.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I imagine it would be 2mm.

I’ve fitted Roadracers with 25mm Schwalbe tyres and had no problems.

scotroutes

Crud RRs were supposed to fit 25s though many seemed to have problems doing this.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

The chap in Evans Cycles yesterday insisted that there was no difference. He said the 25mm tyres were 1mm wider on each side than the 23mm ones but didn’t stick out any further.

At that point I lost interest in trying to get any worthwhile info from him.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I imagine it would be 2mm.

+1

Although itdepends on the rim, my 23mm Ultremos on Stans rims are bigger than the 25mm blizzards on shimano rims.

Crud guards are hatefull things, get some raceblade longs or a winter bike.

tadpole
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look, got 23 + 25mm conti ultras on, both at 100psi, difference in radius is about 2mm

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Crud guards are hatefull things

Not so, I got on fine with mine, much better coverage than any of the other non-mount mudguards. I only stopped using them as I got a frame with proper mounts, so fitted some SKS guards.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Can’t do another bike for winter as its getting close to S-1 time

I wont ride it through winter, but its likely to get wet soon, I have some roadracers.
    I also have raceblades on another bike and the calipers still end up absolutely minging 😥

I have 23c ultremo ZX`s on at the moment which both need replacing due to cracking at the edge of the tread / sidewall (oh and theyre cr@p at dealing with tiny pieces of Flint that end up on the roads every time it rains around here)
    So it was GP4Seasons to try next but would have liked to have gone to 25’s

tadpole – Member

I’ve just had a look, got 23 + 25mm conti ultras on, both at 100psi, difference in radius is about 2mm

Thanks for that, I knew they were wider but wasn’t sure if the Radius changed too

Cheers
    Dom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Difference in Rolling Radius between 700x23c and 700x25c ?’ is closed to new replies.