Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Difference in petrol prices?
  • ski
    Free Member

So standard unleaded costs at my local petrol station costs £1.11 per litre, but noticed the high octane premium unleaded costs £1.39?

I always thought that there was only a few pence difference between the two?

Does this price difference seem wrong to you?

crossland
    Free Member

Unleaded was 106.9 earlier at tesco in evesham, sorry didnt notice how much the premier brand was

ski
    Free Member

Lol that’s only 10 miles from me!

😉

chojin
    Free Member

Tesco momentum 99 will always track along the price of standard unleaded – always 5p above. This applies to every tesco station.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Must be difficult for smaller operators buying stock when the price is falling rapidly. Maybe they have a load of premium unleaded in the tanks which they paid for when the price was higher and haven’t sold. If it’s a major company site they would probably take the hit (Tesco, Shell, BP), but if it’s privately owned then they’d be looking at losing money if they reduced the price. NB the big name on the gantry doesn’t necessarily mean it’s owned by Shell, BP, Esso etc….It’s only a guess BTW

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

NB th

e big name on the gantry doesn’t necessarily mean it’s owned by Shell, BP, Esso etc….It’s only a guess BTW

& you guess correctly. Some sites are ‘on contract’ or franchised & may or may not have relevant price support from the parent company, in other words, in unstable times whether prices are going up or down they could be on their own.

I was. 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Difference in petrol prices?’ is closed to new replies.