Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Difference in dampers on lyriks
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I’m looking at buying a pair of lyriks and am wondering what the actual difference is between the RC damper system and the RC2DH? Now I know that on paper the main difference is high speed compression but how much of a difference does this make out on the trail?

LoCo
    Free Member

RC is a basic moco with a shim stack in the bottom.

RC2DH has separate High and low speed compression adjustment and a better dual flow rebound damper.

If you can stretch to them get the RC2DH as they are considerably better performance wise.

stevied
    Free Member

Very impressed with the RC2DH Lyriks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

and I’m fairly un-impressed with an RC Boxxer.

Si, any reason I couldn’t play with oil weights to try and help out an RCs high-speed hit issues?

LoCo
    Free Member

You could lower the oil weight, although will make the rebound less effective too.
    The shim stack in the bottom of the moco can be tuned and rebound damper replaced with a dual flow unit.
    However by the time you’ve done that it’s a fair way to the cost of the Charger upgrade, in the BoXXer.

robhughes
    Free Member

Si.Can you tune the compression on a mi-co.?
    Got the right spring weight in mine but i struggle to use more than about 125mm even on the big stuff.(u-turn)soft spring (10.1/2 stone)
    Can it be softened down so to speak..
    Thanks for the info btw.RTL-Ti,s are now RCT3’s and running sweet.Now have a pair of RTL-Ti pikes. 😀

legend
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    You could lower the oil weight, although will make the rebound less effective too.
    The shim stack in the bottom of the moco can be tuned and rebound damper replaced with a dual flow unit.
    However by the time you’ve done that it’s a fair way to the cost of the Charger upgrade, in the BoXXer

Thanks, it’s an easy thing to try so I’ll have a shot before looking at the upgrade route. Got a mate trying to offload an Avalanche damper onto me – far too tempting!

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Ah had failed to notice the rebound was different so thanks for pointing it out Si.

LoCo
    Free Member

Rob: Yes, can adjust to give less compression when adjusters full off.

Legend: fairly easy to do, alignment and not breaking the parts taking it apart/rebuilding are main issues with shim stack mods, & having the right shim stack 😉

Pinch flat: no problems, you can change the rebound to the dual flow unit but again really would want to tune the moco to get full benefit, cost wise you’ll probably be near to the price difference between the RC & RC2DH from new & have a slightly less well performing & less adjustable fork.

legend
    Free Member

I was only talking about tipping the oil out 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

😳
    yep give it a go with some 3wt just check the rebound is slow enough first 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

Cheers Si.When you say adjusters full off.Does this mean that when using the hi and low comp they work at a lower compression rate when re shimmed
    Cheers.

legend
    Free Member

LoCo – Member

yep give it a go with some 3wt just check the rebound is slow enough first
    POSTED 14 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Praying that my skinny frame with x-soft spring will have enough adjustment left over to keep it in check – it’ll be an interesting ride if not though!

deadkenny
    Free Member

RC has Motion Control damper vs RC2DH with Mission Control I think. There’s also RC2L with the Mission but it has floodgate which a lot of people remove for better performance, whereas RC2DH doesn’t have the floodgate anyway.

RC2DH are excellent. Need to get your head around the set up though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Difference in dampers on lyriks’ is closed to new replies.