Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Difference between WTB ST and STp?
  • cookci
    Free Member

Hi,

I ordered WTB i25ST but i25STp arrived

does anyone know the difference please?

thanks
    Christian

walleater

I thought I’d bounce this up as I’ve been trying to find the same answer for the i29 version and ended up on this thread via teh go0gle. I’m guessing that the STp is an OEM model but there’s no mention anywhere.

Northwind

ST is eyeletted, STp isn’t, I think. Not entirely sure what that’ll mean in practice- the higher end WTBs are all uneyeletted so maybe it implies higher end, or maybe it’s a cost cut. The ST is lardy so maybe it’s lighter, then again maybe it’s not

walleater

Ha thanks 🙂
    Yeah weight is a big concern. I’m looking at a couple of bike options and one comes with STp i29 rims and I get the feeling that they might weight the same as a small dog. I could be wrong though, but it’d be great if WTB gave even the slightest bit of info on a product that they sell.

Northwind

Sometimes OEM resellers have them for sale- I’m sure On One will have reliable information on their website 😉 Or maybe not. Have you asked WTB? They gave me useful info on the striker rims even though they’ve never been a standalone rim.

One thing that’s quite nice is that WTB deliberately keep their ERDs pretty close together so you can generally swap models without too much stress. And for my Frequencies they’re also pretty close to Stans rims so I’d have no probs switching to something lighter if I wanted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Difference between WTB ST and STp?’ is closed to new replies.