Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • difference between Revelation rct3 2015 /2016?
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Looking at getting some rockshox revelation rct3’s

I notice on chain reaction what looks like the 2016 version (newer graphics)

the evans site has the 2015 version for same money

is there any difference between 2015/2016 apart from graphics?

trickydisco
    Free Member

anyone? 🙁

robhughes
    Free Member

I think they have newer graphics……You asked for that.. 😆

bikeneil
    Free Member

One year?

tomhoward

Nope. They’re the same as the 2014s too. And I think 2013? Possibly 2012…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers. that’s what i thought.

I’m not sure the 2012 have the new rebound damper with rapid recovery/dig valve?

LoCo
    Free Member

2015 & 2016 are the same a far as I know, the 2015 was the first year they had the rapid recovery rebound system rather than the dual flow, not a huge amount of difference between the two.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers Loco

I was surprised to see 2016 model out now roughly the same price as the 2015 model

trickydisco
    Free Member

first year they had the rapid recovery rebound system rather than the dual flow, not a huge amount of difference between the two

So marketing guff again?

How did you get on with the RCT3 revs loco? (saw some old posts where you mentioned experience of the 2012/2013 version)

Also which version compatible with the tokens?

LoCo
    Free Member

No not guff, the rebound piston and shim arrangement is different/better there just isn’t a hugely marked difference between the 2, although the RR damper does ride a bit better IMO ( have had the last 4 years model revs)
    Solo air revs all(from 2012/2013 onwards) take tokens,just the 2013 & 2014 model will need a retro fit topcap to allow them to fit (we have kits for this as well as just the token kits)
    In standard spec. the solo air spring is rather linear so a few tokens makes a fair difference to the performance.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I was looking at the standard solo air. I’m limited by an ageing 1 1/8 steerer option (otherwise would have gone pike)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘difference between Revelation rct3 2015 /2016?’ is closed to new replies.