Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Difference between Magura marta & SL models?
  • sherry
    Free Member

As above what's the difference between the two, Weight, performance?

JamesP
    Free Member

I have some Pre 2008, Martas and Marta SLs. The difference is carbon lever blades on the SL and (I think) lighter rotors. I say think because I think I got the SL rotors on a set of Martas.

I think this is also true of post 2008 models and there is the SL Mag which has magnesium calipers.

From a performance perspective they work exactly the same.

JamesP
    Free Member

I have some Pre 2008, Martas and Marta SLs. The difference is carbon lever blades on the SL and (I think) lighter rotors. I say think because I think I got the SL rotors on a set of Martas.

I think this is also true of post 2008 models and there is the SL Mag which has magnesium calipers.

JamesP
    Free Member

sherry
    Free Member

So the Sl is really just for weight concious XC racers. Cheers, I will go for the standard marta's then!

JamesP
    Free Member

Sorry about the multiple replies. STW hung on me.

I don't think there is a much weight saving on the SLs over the normal version. The standard Martas are pretty light as it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Difference between Magura marta & SL models?’ is closed to new replies.