• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Difference between FSA Orbit ITA Headset and Smoothie Mixer?
  • Earl
    Free Member

So going to use a straight steer fork on my 45650b to start off with. I need some help understanding headsets please.

FSA Orbit ITA – comes with tapered steer crown race as std.
    £19.99 + 9.99 for a straight steer crown race.

Smoothie Mixer -comes with straight steer crown race as std.
    £39.99 + 9.99 for a tapered steer crown race

SO FSA for £30 will do the trick for me. But FSA is zero stack – not sure what that means? Can I use it with the 45650b? What is the difference from the Smoothie Mixer?

sq225917
    Free Member

ZS typically means it’s like a semi-interated, low combined height, bearing sit inside frame. The smoothy mixer is an external type headset with cups above and below the headtube.

Go to the FSA site to view examples of both types in diagram form.

Earl
    Free Member

ok so as I understand I can use either on the 45650b – just depending on what I want my headset stack height to be?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Another difference is that my Smoothie was one of the worst bike components I’ve ever owned… It was free with the bike, and so more or less worth the price.

I’d assume that the C456 is designed taking into account the stack of the headset, so it’d probably make sense to go with a stacky one. But a better one.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

my smoothie bottom bearing felt a bit notchy, so i stripped the fork off to have a look at it… and it just fell to pieces… ball bearings everywhere

would not recommend….

Earl
    Free Member

looks like fsa for the win.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Difference between FSA Orbit ITA Headset and Smoothie Mixer?’ is closed to new replies.