Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Diet challenge
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’m going all out until Christmas. 90.7kg this morning, where do you reckon I’ll be by the 23rd?

(I’ve set you up with plenty of smart arse quip options with this post, don’t let me down)

nickc

gaining or losing?

bails

85kg on the 23rd

120kg on the 27th

P-Jay
    Free Member

87.4Kgs

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m going out until Christmas. 90.7kg this morning, where do you reckon I’ll be by the 23rd?

The pub at end of the road?

mrsfry
    Free Member

In the shed with a empty box of pies

scotroutes

Late night shopping at M&S

robgclarkson
    Free Member

difficult time of year to do this… mince pies galore, chese at every turn, salads aren’t quite as nice when it’s dark and wet and miserable… nipping out for a few “chirstmas drinks” this year with the lads?… hmmm… i respect your apparent determination, but consign you to failure…

do a before picture in your pants tonight, then then same pants/pose/room of the house on the 23rd… i just want to a picture of you in your pants, clearly.

good luck, we’re all counting on you.

molgrips
    Free Member

nipping out for a few “chirstmas drinks” this year with the lads?

What lads?

You can all refer to the old picture of me in my pants if you really want a fix. Might post another in the summer, we’ll see 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

It’ll be a piece of piss to lose weight if your cookers still buggered 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

We’re currently frying a lot of things…

scotroutes

Hi fat, low carb – you’ll be reet.

molgrips
    Free Member

Today I have had scrambled eggs with cheese, coffee, some nuts, bowl of chicken and veg soup (had some potatoes in it), tea with no sugar, then a couple of poppadoms. Planned dhal for dinner, no rice. Did you know poppadoms are made with gram flour and are hence low GI?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Are you doing Keto?

molgrips
    Free Member

Nah. I’ll just iDiet.

I’ve been weaning myself off the carbs around the riding though – I now only have them on longer rides, and only after longer rides too – short ones I have nothing.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ll just iDiet

cheese

Yeah, I know – I’m an asshole.

Me, a week ago: 11 stones – today: 10.10 BOOOM!

Sandwich

Nudging 100kg if your December is anything like mine is going. Bike riding/running in abeyance while the bronchitis and the UTI clears. Plus there is Christmas cheese and port to be consumed, Christmas cake, mince pies…… Before we even get to pigs in blankets and stuffing.
    Doomed I tell you, doomed.

sunnydaze310
    Free Member

How tall are you OP?

(Not interested in guessing your post Christmas weight..it’s just i love a man on a diet..makes my legs go all wobby)

molgrips
    Free Member

My legs are already wobbly 🙂

5’11

scotroutes

He was after your height, not your circumference!

molgrips
    Free Member

They’re about the same 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

90.2 this morning.

miketually
    Free Member

This morning I was 3kg heavier than Chris Froome’s TdF weight 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just dipped below 70kg here for the first time in years. Mrs Blobby will start complaining soon. Chances of it staying under 70 over Xmas… slim 😉

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

molgrips – good luck, its easy enough to loose weight, keeping it off is where its hard.

I lost stone and half in last year, slow and steady. used a fitbit to help see what I was notionally burning/eating and that helped. The Mrs has told me to stop and eat more pies, huzzah.

mrBlobby – poor name choice fella! I’m 72kilo and 5 foot 11, so unless youre vertically challenged it should be mrSkinny 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Good luck everyone else too 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Why don’t you just have a go at DIY gastric band surgery?

Can’t be any trickier than a Passat ECU or cooker clock 😀

yunki
    Free Member

We’ve been doing salad or roasted veg, with fish every other day and copious handfuls of toasted seeds for the last few weeks, purely for health reasonable ns rather than weight loss..

I had a microwave curry last night which made me feel pretty nauseous

rocco

I’ll join you on this, too many Christmas treats started in November have caused me to bloat. I was 89.8kg this morning and will go until Christmas morning. As long as I can resist the box of mince pies and peanut fudge in the fridge!

bombjack
    Free Member

Good luck trying to loose it, its even better if you manage to keep it off. My advice would be to just cut out the junk, but don’t feel bad if you do indulge. Its all a balance after all.
    FWIW I recon you’ll be about 86kg by the 23rd, but don’t be shocked if you go back up to 89 after xmas day. Aspects such as water retention (booze incl) will have a big impact on fluctuations on short term weight gain and loss. Keep training / riding / being active and make your metabolism do the work. Better to loose 1kg of fat rather than .5kg of fat, .5kg of muscle and 1kg of water…

Doh1Nut

At approx the same height
    I have gone from 86 to 82kg in the past 30 days by being more regular with commuting cycling and trying not to finish everything on the plate.

SO as you are likely to have more will power than me I guess 86kg – same loss in a bit less time.

(assuming no coke and hookers involved)

toby1

90.2 this morning.

That’ll be the Dhal effect, works for me too 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I rarely put on much over Christmas, usually. My weight is very stable, it’s hard to lose it but it’s hard to put it on. Problem is it’s stabilised at too heavy!

Four years ago I was at 82 but that’s when we had our second child, and things got a bit crazy. Went up to 87 after four bad months, since then it crept up to around 92 at one point. This summer I gained bags of power doing loads of riding at Swinley but didn’t lose any weight.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Best way to do it is go by “feel” – I reckon there’s a 10kg window between feeling to thin and over weight.

We haven’t got any scales at home; but I got weighed at the doctors once a couple of years back and I was 82/83kg. The doctor said that was perfectly healthy for someone who’s 6’3″. I disagree; just felt “heavy” and slow on the bike. Plus small t shirts no longer fit me so I was having to resort to wearing loose fitting blouses 😀

Likewise; I jumped on some scales at the start of september this year. They read 72kg (that was with shoes/clothes on). No wonder I felt a bit gaunt, although that was after plenty of miles over summer so it wasn’t really surprising.

My weight has gone up since then, to what I don’t know, but I feel fine on the bike and t shirts fit properly, so I guess it’s about right.

Hope that is of some use. Good luck!

molgrips
    Free Member

Coffee for breakfast, salad for lunch. Feeling fine energy wise, if a little strange in the head.. this always happens when I go low carb.. maybe it’s ketogenesis or something. Let’s see if I can manage a run later.

I’m thiking that, at least for now, I’ll reduce the riding to fit in with the food, not the other way round – see if I can shift the weight, then ramp up the riding Feb or March.

I may target BB200 in October or Ben Nevis Tri in Sept.

boblo
    Free Member

Don’t forget your Tour Divide plans. You might want to keep a bit of timber in reserve for that… 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Nah, I’ll need rid of it.

My plan is to do it South to North. That way I’ll slim down before the mountains 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

10km run yesterday fasted which was pretty good at first but the last 2km were gruelling.. This morning 89.0kg.

twonks

I’ll join in if I may – fed up with being a fatty sweating and blowing like a beached whale for the last erm… 10 yrs 😆

110.2 Kg this morning, 5’11”, 44 yr old man thing.

Let the grammes fall off ..

teasel
    Free Member

Although fat will obviously weigh something, it seems foolish to focus on losing weight as opposed to losing fat.

If you really want to lose the fat try eating your normal diet but simply less of it*. I know a few don’t subscribe to calories in/calories out etc but I reckon that’s mostly claimed by those that lack will power or self control when it comes to food.

*Try this – it’s aggressive but works…

Eat 8-10 calories per pound of your GOAL body weight, per day.

In most cases it really is in vs out so reduce and you’ll lose. There’s a case of a doctor that lost weight by eating only Twinkies or something so you don’t really have to lose out on the stuff you like, as above, just eat less.

Beware alcohol and fruit juice/sugary drinks – non filling and lots of extra calories without anything substantial hitting the gut.

And good luck to anyone having a go at it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Diet challenge’ is closed to new replies.