Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Diet advice please
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi guys hope you can help me out.for quite some time now I’ve been struggling with my energy levels, I work 12hr shifts which doesn’t help . I know my fitness is ok as when I’m having a good day I can ride for miles no problem it’s just that about 90% of the time I’m struggling. I’ve cut right back on the bad carbs I’ve been eating and lost a few lbs so should I be eating more protein ? Hope you guys can help .

Thanks
    Ian

Suggsey
    Free Member

Sleep is your number one friend! Diet in my opinion is of course second followed by exercise. I used to work shifts, really long periods of really long hours ie wayy outside any EU rules and for many many years survived on less than 5 hrs of sleep a day , sometimes less than that for a week or two stretches.
    It really screwed up my body, type 2 diabetic by the age of 39 but in and around that I was also doing a lot of sport/ exercise.
    Your body refusing to perform is a sign of an underlying problem that is not just diet related!
    Assess how poor your lifestyle is first maybe even go to your docs and get a quick healthy man MOT then go from there.
    Feeling good 10% of the time for me is not right IMO.

didgerman
    Free Member

+1 for sleep. Bring the carbs back. Get your advice from Laurent Bannock, podcast available now….
    Your body needs enough protein, no more, no less.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Iron levels maybe? Low iron levels kicked six layers of crap out of my dad for years till he finally went for a check up. Simple change to his diet sorted it. Definitely agree with above about seeing a doc and starting from a sound base.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I used to donate blood but a while ago they couldn’t take any because my iron level was too low , had blood tests done at the docs and they confirmed it was but not low enough to worry about so never got any further. Might try upping my intake a bit more . So fed up with feeling tired all the time.

didgerman
    Free Member

Iron is the same as many things: you need enough, more is of no use, way more is harmful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Diet advice please’ is closed to new replies.