Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Diesel scare just a smokescreen for cash for Cameron s ear !
  • arljung
    Free Member

So apparently the Conservatives have created this fuel scare. In order to take the pressure off the previous news of 250 grand for a cuppa at No. 10 and a discussion about what law you want passed

ohnohesback
    Free Member

There is that, but don’t discount an opportunist bout of union bashing.

allthepies
    Free Member

So nothing to do with the union strike ballot then ?

binners

The default position for any Tory, when faced with an uprising of the common peasantry (as they regard the unions), is to start blustering, ratchet up the retoric and start a fight. They just can’t help themselves

Junkyard
    Free Member

so they may go on stirke but they are at ACAS and they have to give 7 days notice , currently we do not need to be alarmed and we are some way from panic – the army will deliver the fuel anyway.

Possibly the tories did hope to deflect stuff to the Unions [ nice try btw] but really they have looked very bad this week, totally out of touch – Dave and his pasty story after Gideon did not know when he last ate one being only hampered by the fact the store closed 5 years ago DOH – the man of the peole facade has been badly burst this week, [ God week for Nick clegg though as we all seem to have forgotten whata **** he is ]

I honesty dont know what they were doing but it has not helped anything. There is no fuel issue yet [ there may not even be one] and they have brough panic wher eit was not needed.
    they also seem to be getting a [ well deserevd] kicking for this

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Double-dip? No, that’ll be the fault of the extra bank holiday…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121331/Diamond-Jubilee-holiday-harm-economy-warns-Sir-Mervyn-King.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Any excuse… Didn’t we have a ‘royal’ wedding bank holiday last year?

soobalias
    Free Member

OMG WTF the fuel is running out

*Panics and Screams*

(this post is supported by your government – stay scared peeps)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The default position for any Tory, when faced with an uprising of the common peasantry (as they regard the unions), is to start blustering, ratchet up the retoric and start a fight. They just can’t help themselves

Similar could be said for any politician no matter what colour tie they wear.

binners

Not strictly true MF. Labour politicians either evaporate into the ether, or hide under rocks

kimbers

ohnohesback – Member
    Double-dip? No, that’ll be the fault of the extra bank holiday…

thats bollox ive just shelled out more than i should for a weeks holiday cottage in devon for then!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Great/evil piece of well-timed scaremongering IMHO. Nothing gets this nation all fired up quite like a fuel crisis.

Sadly it shows the ‘profit’ versus ‘public interest’ balance of the meeja very well:

It is not yet in the public interest to report the tanker story to this extent because of the consequent panic buying, queues, disruption to the general public making long car journeys and so on, despite there being no disruption whatsoever to fuel supplies and none likely for at least seven days.

It does sell papers and keep people tuned to sky news though. 😕 My dislike of NewsCorp was momentarily lifted with the Times Peter Cruddas article, but back to normal now.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Is it just me or are the normal Tory stooges/apologists very quiet on the forum at the mo?

kimbers

My dislike of NewsCorp was momentarily lifted with the Times Peter Cruddas article, but back to normal now.

I was torn- while I enjoyed seeing cameron exposed for what he really is, it was obviously murdoch flexing his muscles, even tweeting that camerons every acquaintance should be scrutinised
    It was a blatant bit of revenge for murdochs/newscorps own humiliation at the levenson inquiry
    and also a warning to the government about who the real power is, I do wonder if cameroon will be having a quiet word in the met/levensons ear about going a bit gentler on the aussie tosser, incidently a few days after camdinewithme broke the notw celeb editor was released with no charge…………

fuzzhead – Member
    Is it just me or are the normal Tory stooges/apologists very quiet on the forum at the mo?

and yes the silence is deafening- maybe they are sitting at home wondering if theyve got it all very very wrong (either that or they are stuck in 2mile queues to get into asda petrol stations)

julianwilson
    Free Member

yes the silence is deafening- maybe they are sitting at home wondering if theyve got it all very very wrong

No tj either, do you think they bother arguing with anyone else espousing left-of-centre opinions?

I still reckon a couple of them have been so digusted they have jumped to the other and of the political horseshoe, and are too busy out defending workers’ rights to bother posting on here. 😀

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just been chatting to my local garage owner and he says this H&S thing is a load of poo. Apparantly if a garage isn’t up to what the driver thinks is the correct standard they simply don’t deliver.

miketually
    Free Member

To be fair, they’re also using the Pasty tax as a smokescreen. And they’re also distracting from the creeping privatisation of the NHS.

chewkw
    Free Member

sharkbait – Member

… Apparantly if a garage isn’t up to what the driver thinks is the correct standard they simply don’t deliver.

Get rid of them lot Nancy boys and start giving the jobs to foreign workers … not from EU because they too are lazy beggars. 😆

aracer
    Free Member

The panic is a win, win for the Tories. Distract attention from some awkward news for them, pile the pressure on the unions, get extra tax receipts in March. Dastardly, but brilliant.

kimbers

confirmation the torries engineered the petrol crisis for their own ends

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/31/petrol-crisis-thatcher-moment-tories

grum
    Free Member

The panic is a win, win for the Tories. Distract attention from some awkward news for them, pile the pressure on the unions, get extra tax receipts in March. Dastardly, but brilliant.

I dunno, almost all the coverage I’ve seen, including in the right wing press, has been about how inept and ridiculous the government has been over this. I suppose it has succeeded in distracting from their corruption though.

Northwind

It seems pretty unavoidable that they either caused it through staggering incompetence, or through cynical news-management. I’m not sure which but either way it’s pretty dismal.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Diesel scare just a smokescreen for cash for Cameron s ear !’ is closed to new replies.