Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Die – you might very well die
  • neilthewheel

i’ve been keeping myself amused on the turbo trainer watching roadie vids on youtube filmed in the Diois region of the Vercors, around the town of Die. It’s reminded me what a great area it is for mtb too…we were there three years ago and I don’t think I got the most out of the mountain biking, partly because it was too hot and you have to do all your climbing yourself (no uplift) and partly because Mrs the Wheel was a bit freaked out by the exposure. It is a bit bum-clenching as you can see in this fantastic footage – skip to the “good vibrations” bit and marvel at how these guys don’t catapult themselves into the abyss. The “sweet home alabama” section is great too, for the typically tight switchbacks.
    Anyone else love Die?
    [video]http://youtu.be/6eOnD_izAK8[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought it was in Germany – between Der and Das?

neilthewheel

🙄

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Been through it a couple of times doing the Chemins du Soleil – some great stuff, and I’ve love to go back one day!

welshfarmer

Been there caving/potholing & canyoning a few times. Love the place. Will have to go back now with the MTB. 🙂

welshfarmer

Had to take the pic, having told everyone “we’re all going to die”….. 🙂

jamiesilo
    Free Member

my in-laws are from there. i go up to Les nonieres 25 above (not vertically) quite often. well nice. not done enought rides around there but have done a cirque d’archaine loop. couple of brown trouser moments. well good

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for posting, will watch this later at home on the tv. Have a friend who lives in Grenoble always been meaning to get over there with the bike. Re the exposure I recall there are a number of base jump sites so all quite vertical, that opening sequence made me queezy just watching

Moses

It’s a bit like Hebden Bridge if I remember rightly, the lesbian capital of France. Lovely walking, too.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Not been to Die itself but done a lot of riding in the Vercors and generally around Grenoble, I lived there last year and shall be moving back there again next September (Currently living in Norway).

Got plenty of photos on my blog of some wild rides over there!

http://williamcgibson.wordpress.com/

No.s 35 and 36 are especially good!

neilthewheel

It seemed like a pretty good area all round for outdoorsy stuff – pleased to hear it was good for potholing welshfarmer, with all that rock on show it must be good for climbing too and the walking is brilliant. The town’s definitely a bit, um strange but we liked it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Die – you might very well die’ is closed to new replies.