Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • DIE CARNIVORE!!!!!!
  • binners
    Drac

Did she make a joke about bacon?

stumpyjon

A little ironic really.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m not a vegan but the patronizing **** they just had on r4 could drive me to murder he was tramping out old tired cliche after cliche where do the bbc find these people ?

tomhoward

Hang on, as I understand it, a vegan group came in (having asked specifically for vegan options to be made available) then one of the vegans orders a pizza with mozzarella on it. Is that not the woman the chef is referring to?

Kryton57

Telford Vegan Action group

Wowsers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not knowing the full story, and only the information given by the newspaper, it’s hard to understand quite what the chef did actually serve the Vegan person in question.

If the chef did on purpose serve the Vegan person no vegan diet, then that’s more than mean that’s downright disgusting behaviour for a chef.

I do however think the comment by the Board is telling, looking for two new chefs spikes of an advert..

Harry_the_Spider

But silly of her really, 1) For doing it, and 2) Telling the World that she’d done it.

brakes
    Free Member

was this a vaginuary thing?

GrahamS

Not knowing the full story, and only the information given by the newspaper, it’s hard to understand quite what the chef did actually serve the Vegan person in question.

Coverage elsewhere says pretty much what tomhoward said:
    – vegan group booked and the chef prepared special vegan options on the menu
    – member of the group instead ordered pizza with mozzarella (which isn’t vegan)
    – customer got what they ordered
    – understandably narked chef made a jokey Facebook saying she had “spiked a vegan”
    – social media meltdown! Death threats etc etc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Buffalo’s what, Binners?

binners

It’s the death threats thing that gets me. What’s the point of killing someone if you’re not going to eat them. That’s just wasteful

km79
    Free Member

Social media is **** up. I’m glad I don’t need to use it for work and that I don’t have to deal with the public.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s not like she took a vegan’s kid to McDonalds is it? Only a proper **** would do that.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    It’s not like she took a vegan’s kid to McDonalds is it? Only a proper **** would do that.

Good memory. 😀

Who was that posting?

GrahamS

Do we know if the Vegan Police were involved and if the customer lost their Vegan Powers?

theotherjonv

I’m not a vegan but the patronizing **** they just had on r4 could drive me to murder he was tramping out old tired cliche after cliche where do the bbc find these people ?

Giles Coren. Goes out of his way to be controversial at times, but is actually a half decent writer when he isn’t being a tit, and he did make some good points too.

Likewise the vegan was trotting out the same old crap too – eg vegans are healthier. Which is true but not necessarily because they’re vegan, because they watch everything they eat and probably also do loads of yoga and pilates too. And don’t drink shedloads. If they adopted the same outlook with occasional controlled portions of lean meat and fish they’d be just as healthy and possibly even more so!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good memory

He keeps files. Detailed files.

binners

Nothing to see here. Move along…

😀

Northwind

binners – Member

It’s the death threats thing that gets me. What’s the point of killing someone if you’re not going to eat them. That’s just wasteful

Well Binners, sometimes I wants to **** em. And I wouldn’t feel right eating em after. Man’s got to draw the line somewhere.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

they’d be just as healthy

And stronger. Don’t forget that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Que?

🙂

nickc

death threats?

people are weird

ElShalimo

Quando?

matt_outandabout

martinhutch

Quando?

Nandos?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

but is actually a half decent writer

I must have only ever read the other half. But for his famous dad he’d have been delivering papers, not writing for them.

Drac

On his desk?

bikebouy
    Free Member

So the chef just checked some Mozz on a pizza then?

Que?

This is complicated, too complicated to follow..

The group, a vegan group, ordered pizza with Mozzarella on it and the chef made just exactly what they ordered? And now the chef faces Death Threats because the group received what they ordered?

😯

Yeah, the fool in this is the outage in Social Media..

To bloody complicated to consider, so a vegan group order cheese on pizzas?? 😆

This is hurting my head, clearly the group aren’t bloody vegan or they are deeply confuddled as to the dietary make up of veganism…

Yeah… right.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I remember once long ago in my restaurant working years a vegan (she didn’t tell me about it until after) bringing her two 6 ish year old children in for lunch and ordering three bean burgers one for her and one each for the little darlings, the latter two to have “bacon and cheese”.

Twenty minutes later cue two very smiley boys telling mum how nice their burgers were. About three seconds later her face dropped and she beckoned me over to ask, clearly mortified, “is that real bacon? But they’re vegan!” Fortunately she realised it was at very least, equal parts to blame. Her face was a picture as she tried to explain to the kids why the nice man had to take their lovely food away.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I suspect crossed wires as per dangeourbrain’s anecdote. Vegan group assumes that chef is aware and so they will be getting “vegan” cheese. Chef makes food per order.

What should have happened is:
    Chef to Server – “They do know mozzarella isn’t vegan don’t they?”
    Server – “I’ll just go and check…”

However busy restaurant, multiple covers and the like means chances of that happening not high.

scaredypants

matt_outandabout – Member

What ?! Flashheart is in the Telford Vegan Action Group ? 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Them’s not shandals.

Cougar

The group, a vegan group, ordered pizza with Mozzarella on it and the chef made just exactly what they ordered? And now the chef faces Death Threats because the group received what they ordered?

Sounds about right from the limited evidence presented in the story. She didn’t “spike” anything, she cooked what was asked for. Seems lacking for the restaurant not to query it though, given the previous conversations.

Coming soon to https://notalwaysright.com/

funkmasterp

Lol at death threats from Vegans. What are they going to do with all that reduced muscle mass, pelt the chef with lentils? I’d love to be the target of a vegan action group. I’d simply borrow Lady Ga-ga’s meat dress so that all they could do is stare at me until they got tired 😉

Cougar

A reduced muscle mass vegan, yesterday:

dazh

Oh FFS!

Ms Goodman is said to have received death threats.

As in, she didn’t receive any death threats. Or has everyone started swallowing lies from the Murdoch media all of a sudden?

I’ve been in this situation many times. If the chef agrees to make an all-vegan menu, the diners will expect it to be vegan. Vegan mozzarella is not exactly uncommon, Pizza Express and Pizza Hut offer it FFS. So if after agreeing a vegan menu, someone asked for ‘mozzarella’ they made have made the not unreasonable assumption that it would be the vegan version. A quick question by the chef or a waiter would have resolved the confusion. But no, the chef decided to be a pedantic **** and used normal mozzarella knowing full well that wasn’t what was the diner wanted. Then she bragged about it on the internet, pretty much confirming that she knew what she was doing. So hardly a surprise then that the vegan community would start an internet campaign to stop others dining there. She resigned not because she gave a vegan real mozzarella, but because she brought the reputation of the restaurant into disrepute, both with vegans and non-vegans who might have specific, not to mention health dependent, dietary requirements.

Carry on with the idiocy though. Bacon, weaklings, lentils, blah blah.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

pretty much bang on the money there Daz.

GrahamS

[video]https://youtu.be/tRd13bMWhsU[/video]

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘DIE CARNIVORE!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.