Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Didn't know it was a bank holiday
  • sandwicheater

Just found out. Chuffed to bits. Already planning a nice long ride followed by lashings and lashings of gardening 😥

What you doing with your bonus day off (if you get the day off)?

peterfile
    Free Member

Forecast in NW Scotland is good, so heading to Torridon/Shieldaig after work. Riding, climbing, beer and BBQs 🙂

Drac

Bonus day off?

weeksy

Silverstone GP circuit this weekend on my GSXR750K7

sandwicheater

Drac
    Bonus day off?

Take it your working?

Drac

Actually I’m due to my rota pattern. 😀

sandwicheater

Congrats, boy or girl?

chvck
    Free Member

Getting wet I reckon.

Drac

DOH!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Working. It took an hour to get home from work this afternoon (as opposed to 20mins to get there this morning at 6am) thanks to the half-term/bank holiday lemmings.

My town will be gridlocked all weekend with dead-eyed soulless consumers driving in from London to buy 5 year old designer tat at reduced-from-inflated prices.

Can you tell I’m not a fan of bank holidays?!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

This will probably sound really miserable, but: I generally keep a low profile on bank holidays. Most things I like to do are a lot more hassle than they are otherwise. It’s hard to get anywhere that’s not rammed without spending hours in BH traffic.

sandwicheater

[/url]download by sandwicheater, on Flickr[/img]

mattbee

Had my weekend over yesterday & today, working the BH. Don’t mind, it means stuff is generally quieter when I’m off.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve just been told that there’s no work for me on Tuesday at least – possibly longer. Yay! 🙂

totalshell

katy perry saturday night then lake district for the rest of the weekend..

MoreCashThanDash

Three day weekend for me, then in work 2 days while the in-laws are visiting then I’m having Thursday and Friday off next week for a four day weekend!

I live an hour from Matlock by bike. I tend not to go that way on Bank Holidays, saving it for next weekend!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Looking round even more houses that won’t have a big enough kitchen/garden/dining room/lounge or isn’t suitable for the stupid cats.

Sold ours, pressure is on.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I didn’t know either, hence when someone asked me if I could work on Monday I replied “Yes, of course”

D’OH

CountZero

Folk festival is on in town this weekend, Monday always has a street market and lots of dancers and Morris, and there’s a new real ale pub in the market place with seven different ales, so I think Monday might be a fairly mellow sort of day… 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Didn't know it was a bank holiday’ is closed to new replies.