Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Didn't get too far in the snow
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Went to Holmbury, rode a few hundred yards both of us thought bad job and went home.

Tips for riding in deep heavy snow as we just couldn't get any traction at all? Down was fine but climbing was just pants.

Ended up in Esher which was fine.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ankle high boots? 😛

gee
    Free Member

Snow is good for practicing your pushing technique,

GB

allthepies
    Free Member

lol

crazy-legs

Anything more than about 6" of snow is just a pain to ride in. Hardpacked stuff can be fun though.

joolsburger
    Free Member

there were tracks bike tracks someone bloody made it!!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Hilarious drive up there did make it a decent trip though and will take the boys sledging tomorrow as that looks great!

gee
    Free Member

In true Clarkson style…

POOOOOWWWWWWWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!

GB

Bert
    Free Member

We parked in Westcott today (didn't want to chance driving to Holmbury) and headed up to Leith hill, It was a nightmare riding up, we nearly got to Summer Lightning but then my rear hub decided to fall apart and my dad's chain snapped. Freewheeling back down was fun though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

29ers work better. 🙂

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Pussies! 😀

We "rode" (I use the term loosely) from the carpark in the dip between dorking and Westcott – were out for about 5 1/2 hours. made it as far as the Leith Tower (****' cold up there – well done the NT ladies fro keeping the snack shop open!). Uphill was basically a push unless a nice 4×4 had been that way already, but the downs were a bit of a hoot in a completely out of control kind of way. Did the Summer Lightning DH run, Regurgitator, looked at Deliverance, then rode the chicken line. Even the usual dull as ditchwater bit down from the Tower was a giggle. Then a good blat down Wolvens Lane which had been nicely packed down by the 4x4s so was pretty quick then down the Rookery.

Bloody hard work, mind!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Didn't get too far in the snow’ is closed to new replies.