Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Didn't get to Swinley, but
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok with trains to London up the spout today, a chance for a sneaky ride. Set off to go to Swinley but couldn’t be bothered to drive all the way so decided to try other new places. First Ceasars Camp above Aldershot – didn’t really enjoy as couldn’t find much singletrack – so nipped over to Tunnel Hill and Porridge Pot. Bloody hell that was fun, especially the still visible Gorrick track (I assume). Found a lot more over there too. PP seemed like a natural Swinley

You XC boys must be fit if you had to do several laps especially that awkward climb after the fast little drop!! Loved the rest of the ups and downs and little jumps!

Must ride there more often….

jambalaya
    Free Member

In 20 years of living nearby I never visited once 😐 Strava heatmaps are your friend, a few stw-ers are regulars there, eg deadkenny

Loughrigg Fell today, a lovely day but 10k and 400m was a bit much for Mrs B sadly. Have worked my way through 6 of the 10 ales here (and 4 of the 6 brewed on the premisis)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Where did you start Loughrigg from? That was my morning run on Wed!

Haven’t been in the DD bar for a few years (sadly) but many misspent hours there in my youth!

Nice walks around Hodge Close/Tilberthwaite nearby and visit to Cathedral Cave (don’t stop at the first one!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

I never enjoyed tunnel hill as much as Swinley.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Didn't get to Swinley, but’ is closed to new replies.