Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Did you do anything scary this weekend?
  • JCornford

My girlfriend had to pee on a stick, that was quite scary. in fact she peed on two just to make sure.

wwaswas

was it good scary or bad scary?

Leku
    Free Member

Did the gap in the wall on the Knicker Trail. No dabs. I am a mountain bike God.

glenh
    Free Member

I went on a road bike ride (first proper one).

Going downhill was very scary 😯

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Rode the Ducati through BMW/Audi country, shat myself.

teagirl
    Free Member

Yep, did the Deadwater trail at Kielder on Saturday in storm force winds. That was scary on the top huddling by the transmitter buildings after bike being lifted away!

JCornford

Well I don't have to go and sell any of my bikes.

JCornford

I'm looking forward to scaring myself on a road bike again soon.

samuri
    Free Member

I've just walked through Leigh (provincial Northern hell hole) town centre with 4 grand in my pocket.

wwaswas

I let my wife drive on the Brighton Breeze.

(it's a joke dear, honest)

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Went to the Stockport Air Raid SHelters, which wasn't that scary actually.

Watched "Let the Right One In" which was quite good.

MrAgreeable

Leku, congrats. I cleaned that once but it has eluded me ever since.

I did my first cyclocross race of the year on Sunday. I wanted to give up so badly after being sick in my mouth a bit on the second lap, but I've just spent an absurd amount of money on some new SPD shoes and felt I somehow owed it to them to carry on riding.

spandex_bob

Held a baby (is 9 months old still classed as a baby?!) for the first time, surprisingly heavy for something so small.

takisawa2

Set off for Buxton on Sat, towing our new caravan.
    Then promptly turned around again after the wind nearly blew it over.
    Luckily the mrs had packed extra pants.
    Very scary.
    Now I know why so many people use 4×4's for towing.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes. Got dressed up like a multicoloured flourescent suited idiot and did a race

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Set off for Buxton on Sat, towing our new caravan.
    Then promptly turned around again after the wind nearly blew it over.

LOL -I was just thinking about posting about my similar experiences – driving our car with a roofbox on for the first time (100 mile trip). Had several interesting moments on the M1 (but it was entertaining watching other cars/motorbikes struggling too.

robgarrioch

Examined this thread on Saturday, heart just about slowed to normal by Sunday!

BigJohn

I got clamped when we were helping our daughter move ito her new flat in the salubrious borough of Dalston in that London. Those clampers are scary guys – I was legally parked in the marked bay to her flat but they made me feel I got off lightly with £120 unlocking fee and no tow-away 🙁

I moved the car to the side street, but later that night, a bloke took a shot at a copper and the whole road was cordoned off and I wasn't allowed to go in and get the car till 6:30 yesterday evening. Could have been worse – if it had been any later we'd have missed the Archers.

Good news though – we met the new boyfriend. He rides a nice fixie and he works at Rapha, so I'm looking forward to my Christmas present!

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Those clampers are scary guys

You're not scared about shootings in your daughters new area?

BigJohn

No. You can't afford to think like that. Anyway she's living over the Hackney Music reggae shop, which seems to emit peaceful fumes all day.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Ventured out in public with a woman for the first time since splitting up with the wife… Very odd in a slightly scary sort of way.

wwaswas

"Ventured out in public with a woman for the first time since splitting up with the wife… Very odd in a slightly scary sort of way."

I read that "…as a woman…" and thought fair play to you.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not this weekend, but a couple of weekends a go, I went on a 3 day rafting trip down the Rogue River in Oregon. Apart from the presence of bears (we saw one or two) who have developed a liking for the food kept in cool boxes and are known to come into camps to get it, we also took on some class 4 rapids. being told that class 4 was too dangerous to be covered by my travel insurance so having to upgrade was pretty scary (OMG WTF am I leting myself in for?). Good fun though.
    Also, driving on the right hand side of the road for the first time, in an automatic for the first time in an area where at least half the cars have guns in the glove boxes was, uh, interesting, but at least there seemed to be very little in the way of road rage.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Haha, nope, I save my drag act for the privacy of my own home! Left the missus 4 months ago and have been seeing a very understanding young lady for about 6 or 8 weeks. Don't want to antagonise an already-volatile situation, so been trying to keep it under wraps.

pennine
    Free Member

My daughter has just passed her driving test and I took her on the M62….

DavidB
    Free Member

Went to a Kayak shop with my credit card

Scary bit was arriving home and explaining Kayak to wife

wwaswas

arriving home and explaining Kayak to wife

"No dear it isn't, I'm just really pleased to see you"

chriswilk
    Free Member

did the Lairig an Laiogh (sp) in the cairngorms when MWIS said wind gusting to 100mph, movement severely restricted. – it was

midlifecrashes

Not very scary since I'd done it before, but walked out and back through an unlit derelict railway tunnel, 1226 yards long, and a bit spooky. Spooked the kids anyway.

jedi

me and my mate atkins pegged in a 14ft vert ramp 1ft apart at the same time to stop me carving the ramp so much!
    scary if you hit

tinsy
    Free Member

Laid 25ft of concrete for my new super shed, and did the path..

Had to draft in my dad 82 in the hat, and father in law 63 to do the leveling while I and a couple of pals did the barrowing, and then I did the path..

And I bought a pram the weekend before witch is also quite scary in its own way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    I've just walked through Leigh (provincial Northern hell hole) town centre with 4 grand in my pocket.

Were you buying the town centre?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Last Weekend we were involved in a rescue off the Clogwyn y Person Arete in Snowdonia.

plumber
    Free Member

Samuri is winning so far 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

Set off for Buxton on Sat, towing our new caravan

Maybe all caravans should go to Buxton? Every last one of them.

Then, as long as I avoid Buxton, I'll never have to see another one of them.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Rode "Original Sin" (a black trail in Whistler Bike Park) in the snow yesterday!

Rode the big drop off in the Joyride Drop Off park for the first time (schweeet!)

Rode Schleyer (double-black) (yay!)but bootled the big GLC drop at the very last moment (boo)

Gary_C

but bootled the big GLC drop at the very last moment (boo)

What you needed was to follow "Mad Dog" Walker off it,just like I did!!

Harry_the_Spider

1) Spent nearly a third of a million on a new house.

2) Had a daughter.

sputnik
    Free Member

Fell with mtb on sunday and now have broken arm and cheekbone.
    Not scary? Well, you do it then…
    So annoyed, 6 weeks and no riding. Was just getting ready for the night rides and fitted new forks on friday.

flip
    Free Member

Did my first and definitly last car boot sale, the place was full of nasty chavs, i've never seen so many Staffordshire Bull Terriers in one place ever!

Made £150 though out of selling my shite 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Did you do anything scary this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.