• This topic has 42 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Did u manage to get out on the bike this morning ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I did 🙂 6 miles … the only time im allowed to ride my bike Christmas day is too take flowers up the crem for my mom and dad 🙁
    so kind of good and sad all at the same time

jools182
    Free Member

Not managed to get up yet

That’s a nice thing to do on Christmas morning, sad but nice

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Out with my son “testing” santa toys 🙂

BoardinBob

Heading out shortly

NormalMan

^ same here.

benw
    Free Member

managed an hour,first time ever on xmas day

http://www.strava.com/activities/232666382/segments/5489188031

granny_ring

Nice one Kb.
    On the way to the pub last night I saw a couple of new bikes being carried into a house = 2 smiley kids faces this morning. Nice.

bish

Just back from a quick 10 mile blast on the rogue bike.

mcnultycop

Still recovering from broken elbow, so been for a run instead.

thedude
    Free Member

I did 42 km with my girl on Isle of Wight along the coast on empty roads. I must say life is good, hope everyone has a good day.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yikes kbrembo – that is one hell of a light 😯

simmy
    Free Member

18 miles MTB mixture of roads and off road canal etc.

Finish at cemetery on way back and spent some time at Nans grave, first Xmas without her.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Managed an hour earlier. Went over the bars. Thought “nooo. Not on christmas day.” But no harm done. Just bruised and scratched shins. All good fun.?

asbrooks

Not a chance.. I’m nursing a chest infection 🙁

ken_shields
    Free Member

Managed about an hour on the road bike as a pre-pig out overeating justification 😀

eshershore
    Free Member

Out for an hour and half on the road bike with my missus in tow.

Would be rude not to ride, you rarely see central London looking this quiet.

She seemed happy too!

Happy Christmas to everyone.

coatesy
    Free Member

Couple of hours around the Machen trails testing the Silky Zubat saw that Santa brought, very effective for something that fits in a large Camelbak, took out fallen trees that my 24″ bowsaw would have struggled with.Santa needs to get everybody one.

evilsovereign
    Free Member

oh yes. went out for a quick 20km blast up over margam, on Leah, my tripster. beautiful clear blue skies, and sunshine. got home to coffee, bottle of bud, and amaretto and coke. in that order.
    merry Christmas everyone

sofatester
    Free Member

coffee, bottle of bud, and amaretto and coke. in that order

Now that’s the way to do things!

No bike, though got out for an early XC run to watch the sun rise alone in the countryside.

rOcKeTdOg

13 miles including pub visit

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

21 miles in perfect weather, not even a breeze.

grobin13
    Free Member

Nope. Some f*#k wit stole both my bikes 3 weeks ago. Sods law everyone bought me bike gear for Xmas but no bloody bike to ride……

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just a few days though…!

duckers
    Free Member

32 miles, one puncture 🙁 got back in time for lunch though 😀 now paralysd from a meat overdose 😳

benpinnick

Hoping to get out for a night ride in order that sanity may be returned to me. Only 9 more hours to go…

mooman
    Free Member

A very gentle 40 miles on the road bike. Roads as quiet as I can ever remember. 1 near miss with car pulling straight out of a side street, but actually got a sorry mate off him … must be xmas.

bob_summers

Did 5h in the rain with the U23 team. Well, they turned back after 1.5h of heavy rain… I, being old and stupid, kept going in the belied it was going to fair up, which it didn’t. Had xmas lunch in a petrol station. Lovely.

vorlich
    Free Member

Nice morning for it.

oxym0r0n

Yep, 36 miles into London town and back. Saw sunrise over the Shard – if only I could figure out how to post photos from an iPad on Flickr

leegee

Got a kom and went over the bars in the first 20 minutes. Rode for 2 hours and conditions were very good for the time of year ( bluebell hill/boxley)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Squeezed in a 25 mile road ride in glorious sunshine with better half, saw quite a few roadies out.

Sadly as we are both now at work any hip flask refreshment was out of the question 🙁

corroded
    Free Member

Hell yes. 60 miles on the road bike. My parents went sailing 😯
    We had our big meal Christmas Eve, having seen the great weather forecast.

crazy-legs

No but at least I hadn’t intended to ride anyway!

I remember doing a few laps of Richmond Park last Christmas Day. Will be out early doors tomorrow on the CX, trying to avoid all the morons heading to IKEA or whatever other shopping hellhole people visit on Boxing Day.

oxym0r0n

Found it!

[/url] Christmas day sunrise ride to the South Bank by oxym0r0n, on Flickr[/img]

BoardinBob

Couple of hours round inners. Absolutely awesome

nach
    Free Member

Got about 20Km done. Set off under blue sky, but got to the highest point, heard thunder and saw nothing but storms heading south toward Manchester. While trying to outrun it, this looked like firm sand 😀

cp

Quick 30 mile road ride

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Went upto Stainburn for a couple of hours this morning, was a gorgeous day!

taxi25
    Free Member

25 mile road ride this morning in gorgeous S.Wales sunshine 😀

variflex
    Free Member

15km to the pub and back. Couldnt resist given the nice and dry roads and blue sky.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Did u manage to get out on the bike this morning ?’ is closed to new replies.