Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Did the Peaks get soggy after the heavy rain this week?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Or did it dry out quickly and now it’s just as dry as last weekend?

Anyone been out there in the last couple of days?

Cheers.

jimc101
    Free Member

Cutgate was pretty much perfect last night.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Just been on Sheffield side – Lady Cannings, Houndkirik, Jumbles, Blacka Moor all perfect and dusty. My new mostly white top is virtually clean!

Forecast is rain though.

Follow Keeper of the Peak on Twitter for updates too – https://twitter.com/KoftheP

Onzadog
    Free Member

We do normally follow the keeper. He just seems to have been a bit quiet this week. Getting an early start on the beast tomorrow. Sounds like I needn’t bother filling the first worker then.
    Cheers chaps

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Was out last night and there only a couple of puddles in the usual spots. It’s all pretty dry at the moment.
    Did the front of Bradwell Edge for the first time in ages and it was dry but overgrown. Now my arms look like I self harm!!

discoduck
    Free Member

I’ve been up there to day and done a loop from the A57 lay by car park across the small bridge on right thro the gate and up over the rocks, the descent from the top of that track intersection on the left which spits you out at the bottom beside the pub is my favourite in the peaks !

It’s 99% dry

Those troughs in the mud at the end of the open descent before the last climb to the top of the beast is wet but they never dry out and the descent from lockerbrook is wet 2/3rdz down before the sharp right hander,

It was farkin hot up there this afternoon ! And there was a steady breeze so its dry, gerrup there early enough and beat the rain

Let me know how you get on ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s cracking today. Never seen the beast so busy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Did the Peaks get soggy after the heavy rain this week?’ is closed to new replies.