Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Did The Apocalypse (ie. 40cm of snow in the SE!!!) Actually take place?
  • Geronimo
    Free Member

…..I've not heard much.

Or are conditions so bad that news has been unable to travel any further than Basingstoke (with its convenient motorway link to the epicentre)?

Interestingly, the predicted depth increased during the evening yesterday 😉

Ewan
    Free Member

10cm in woking. F'boro looked like it was getting more when i left.

Snowing now.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I'm about 8 miles north of Basingstoke and we have 10 inches and its still snowing a little…

Can't tell what's on the TV news as the SKY dish is covered in snow 🙁

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

5 miles south of Farnham

over a foot since 17.45h last night , still snowing…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some places, yes I imagine there is that much.

We went out riding from Farnborough last night and by 9pm parts of Cearars Camp in Aldershot had 6-8in. I got home and there was half that. This morning we have 6in at home and 9in at work in Farnham (I did measure it properly too!), so I have no doubt there's above a foot where we were last night. So 30cm+ easily I reckon, yes.

bananaworld
    Free Member

SW London – saying we've had five centimetres would be being generous.

It is coming down like dandruff now though so we may well have another millimetre by the end of the day… 🙄

Geronimo
    Free Member

over a foot since 17.45h last night

A measured 30cm or

"about this much >……………………………< ?"

Jerome
    Free Member

Just slush on Brighton sea front..

mudshark
    Free Member

7 inches on my drive near Leatherhead, Surrey

MrNutt
    Free Member

about 4 inches in the peoples republic of swindon, reports that rape and pillage instances are down are yet to be confirmed and what with burglary season in full swing I'm expecting martial law to be announced by twelve.

Flaperon

About 2 inches in Befordshire.

Pigface
    Free Member

About 8 inches in Wantage well a mans 8 inches 😉 it is still snowing though.

soobalias
    Free Member

10" and counting.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

over a foot since 17.45h last night

A measured 30cm or

"about this much >……………………………< ?"

It's possible he's got that much yes, it varies wildly within a mile or two, and it came up from the south west, so it's believeable to me anyway, sitting here with a real 9in in Farnham.

Geronimo
    Free Member

Fair do's.

So allowing for the inevitable exaggeration it sounds as if there has been a dusting 'down south', if not in that London.

Notter
    Free Member

6 inches and counting near Bracknell and still snowing, need to get to Swinley later!

kimbers

about 2cm in chiswick this morning

why do the news have to call it the WORST snowfall in in years id say it was the best

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So allowing for the inevitable exaggeration it sounds as if there has been a dusting 'down south'.

😀

I just stepped outside the office here, stuck a tape measure into the snow at random and saw this –

TooTall
    Free Member

SOOBalias – Member
    10" and counting

But will the postman get through with the parcel I have sent for you?!

OH NOES!

onandon
    Free Member

Im in Fleet and its well over a 12 ins deep on my car roof.

nicko74

sweet **** all in SW1, but the way people are telling it, you'd think that the country was degenerating to a tribal system of bartering, commerce had ceased between tribes, and that we've been reduced to pre-stone age levels of civilisation. FFS.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

A good 6 'incher' at the foot of the "Tox".. 😆

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

top of wheelybin:

which is on the right of this photo:

on our driveway:

at the end of a half mile road that looks like this:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Zulu – Yup, that's noticeably more than we have here in Farnham (Quarry at the bottom of the A331) which is about double what I have as home in Farnborough. 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

PP – Yeah, the extra couple of hundred feet up to here makes a difference – and its still snowing!

slowjo
    Free Member

Suffolk (not quite the SE) nothing. Just the half melted remnants of a few days ago. It isn't even that cold though it has been getting a little brisk when the sun goes down. Am stocking up on ammunition to keep the hordes of refugees orf moi laaaand!

takisawa2

Thats just a light frost compared to what we have here in South Staffs… 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thats just a light frost compared to what we have here in South Staffs

Now sow us the pic of the missing bottom 45in of that tape measure! 😉

br
    Free Member

40cm in Aylesbury!

Well at least thats how deep the pile I cleared off the drive is 😀

Probably actually had 10-12cm, mostly early yesterday evening.

toby1

There's a light dusting that fell off the roof of a car here in Cambridge …. still we can but hope!

I can walk to work though AND have VPN access so there is no such thing as a snow day for me 🙁

toby1

Holy cow as I pressed submit the first flakes started – they are pretty pathetci though!

slowjo
    Free Member

It is snowing hard in Bury St Edmunds now so Cambridge can't be that far behind.

joolsburger
    Free Member

As I predicted about about an inch and a half in Hampton Court never the less no trains and the world has stopped. Hour and a half waiting for a train at Esher before I gave it up.

FFS.

slowjo
    Free Member

Visibility down to about 20 yards now. The horses outside have turned white. I presume their owners will remember to take them inside later.

A good inch has fallen since it started snowing about 10 minutes ago.

singletrackmind

I guess the people stranded on the A3M for 12 hours might argue that yes, the Apocalypse did arrive at 17.00 yesterday. It snowed very heavily for hours and whilst the depths were not huge the speed it came down caused ttraffic to stop very quickly.
    The Army was mobilised to the 1000 odd cars that were stuck on a 20 mile stretch of A3 from Havant to Hindhead. They could only get a few people out at a time so lots spent the night in their cars. All the feeder roads were blocked so the snow ploughs couldn't get to the A3.
    On my commute this morning there were still around 50 odd cars , lorries and vans on a 15 mile stretch of the M27, abandonded on peoples commute home as the road ground to a halt.

We've got between 200-250mm depending on where you are here in the souh Malverns, but it has stopped now.

grizzer
    Free Member

where in south staffs is that cus in north staffs (stoke not moorlands)there's only 8cm,20 mile up the road there's 15-20 and 12 mile east in staffs moorlands about 30cm! :mrgreen:

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Did The Apocalypse (ie. 40cm of snow in the SE!!!) Actually take place?’ is closed to new replies.