Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Did something today I haven't done for years…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I slipstreamed a tractor!

Not for long though. It was one of those fast 30mph jobs which meant that a) it was hard to keep up when it got onto the open road and b) I am not 15 any more and I realised how unsafe it is barelling along 6ft behind a trailer full of poo at 30mph.

wwaswas

unsafe it is barelling along 6ft behind a trailer full of poo at 30mph

soft landing when it goes pear shaped, though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Transit vans and dustbin lorries are better for that.

GW
    Free Member

double decker buses along dumbarton road or Gt western road in Glasgow were always my favourite.. only ever crashed into the back of one. 😳

Torminalis
    Free Member

When I used to live on the Somerset levels as a kid, I would wait near my house for a tractor and then try to slipstream it all the way into town. Often worked and halved the journey time. Ah, thems was the days.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Transit vans and dustbin lorries are better for that.

after seeing the mess my mate made of his face/ bike after doing this it put me off a bit. problem is those big old brakes work very well when the 3.5tonner is empty!

verses

unsafe it is barelling along 6ft behind a trailer full of poo at 30mph

soft landing when it goes pear shaped, though.

You are Biff from Back to the Future, ICMFP

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol 🙂

Yeah I used to do it all the time when cycling to and from my mate’s house 10 miles from mine. If it was just the tractor you could often see through by the wheels or something to see some of the road, and there were no fiddly bits of suburbia or traffic lights etc on that trip.

Northwind

Slipstreaming the school bus could have been an olympic sport round my way, made a bit more exciting by elbowing other people for space, and having stuff thrown at you out the windows.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Did something today I haven't done for years…’ is closed to new replies.