Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Did lady bower at the weekend. Awesome.
  • forexpipz
    Free Member

29er single speed and I descended some really gnarly rock garden stuff. What a joy to ride.

I was beat and spent a lot of time pushing up but it was absolutely epic. Highly recommended.

The MBR gpx route can be found here.

gpx route

wombat

Better make sure Lord Bower doesn’t find out 😉

wombat

Better make sure Lord Bower doesn’t find out 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lady Bower? As in Jacks daughter?

forexpipz
    Free Member

All of the above.

booktownman
    Free Member

Does that go clockwise or anticlockwise?

vertebratetom

Clockwise, but you really want to wait for it to dry out a bit at the moment! Heading up Hagg Side to the Hope Cross area (and back via Lockerbrook) is a better bet right now.

forexpipz
    Free Member

It was ace. Wet and muddy as hell. Both feet were soaking but I still loved it.

vertebratetom

It’s an ace route, and I bet it was a load of fun. Glad you had a good ride!

The problem is that the trails are getting a proper battering at the moment, so it’s probably best to head for the rockier routes until it dries a little.

forexpipz
    Free Member

Can u suggest a drier route pls.

vertebratetom

Yup! Got a map and directions here.

That’s got some good rocky stuff if that’s what you like! (I can tell you from experience that it’s fairly tough on a SS though!)

Another Ladybower option would be to go up Hagg side and down Hagg Farm. Then either up the road and up Blakley Hey or cross the road and push up the Beast. From Hope Cross, either carry on to Edale/Hope or turn around and retrace steps to Ladybower via Gores/Lockerbrook descent. It’s a short ride but, from your first post about rock gardens, you’d probably like it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Did lady bower at the weekend. Awesome.’ is closed to new replies.