Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Did it really happen
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i think we all know he means Israel ernie but that is another thread
    I think we all know he means some

You make it sound like it’s a trivial matter without much importance – I would disagree.

I believe that it is hugely important to remember that some of the most outspoken and committed opponents of Israel are Jews, and the experiences of the Holocaust plays no small part in that.

I intensely dislike Zionists, I have absolutely no problem with Jews.

nealglover
    Free Member

Odd you would choose that as it was an excellent post deserving of praise IMHO

Agreed.

(Although I don’t agree that the OP is trolling)

kennyp
    Free Member

[quote]Unfortunately, this thread only goes to prove how many want to believe in a the right wing/ white race superiority doctrine.[/quote]

Interesting statement. Can you give specific examples please?

Junkyard
    Free Member

You make it sound like it’s a trivial matter without much importance – I would disagree.

football fans fight – what all of them ?
    Catholic Church covers up sex abuse – what every member of the cathoilic church did this

Its obvious what is meant though you can act like you think these statements mean everyone if you like.
    Its clear they dont and neither did that post

konabunny
    Free Member

It is perhaps a shame that the jewish people / zionists have not taken on board the issues associated with a chosen people, a superior race and religion, a divine right to destroy their enemies etc.

It’s a minor point of your post but I think you are overestimating the religious element of the Zionist project – or perhaps it would be be better to say that you are glossing over the importance of Zionist strands in which a divine purpose is not preeminent in the establishment of the state of Israel.

Neither Herzl (nor even Jabotinsky) were particularly religious, and the central thesis of Der Judenstaat (the founding text of modern Zionism) is not that god promised Jews any particular land but that Jews will be persecuted and killed wherever they are, and safety will only come when the Jews have their own state in which they can protect themselves. Herzl himself canvassed the possibility of founding a Jewish state in South America (see also the nachtasyl proposal). Remember that that phase of Zionism was in reaction to the Dreyfus Affair – if Jews were not safe in France, in which integration was possible and which was relatively developed, then where would they be safe?

Arguably 1967 was the real kickstarter for religious Zionism.

konabunny
    Free Member

Catholic Church covers up sex abuse – what every member of the cathoilic church did this

That’s actually a bad example – there’s only one (Roman) Catholic Church and as an institution it did cover up sex abuse. (Btw did anyone see the Magdelene Laundries apologies news?) the correct analogy for your thing would be “Catholics cover up sex abuse”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there’s only one (Roman) Catholic Church

There are three in the town where I live.

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Did it really happen’ is closed to new replies.