Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Did I show you my Eagle? (Space 1999) content.
  • Northwind

I had that Eagle- still do, probably, though god knows where it is. Springy landing feet ftw!

Cougar

The basic design was then used for the ship transporting Leia and the Droids at the beginning of the first episode:

That’s the Blockade Runner.

mogrim

That’s the Blockade Runner.

I think you actually mean the CR90 Corvette, but I could be mistake – your lack of precision is disturbing.

Daffy

mogrim – Member
    I think you actually mean the CR90 Corvette, but I could be mistake – your lack of precision is disturbing.

I think you’ll find that in those Republic diplomatic colours, it’s actually the Tantive IV [/pedant]

Your overconfidence is your weakness.

bigrich

those were the days.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“I never understood why it was green”

I think these series are a little before my time, however…

A while back Mark Kermode had ?the son? of the guy responsible for that series on the film show, because Mark was a massive fan of the series in question, he asked the above question as well (I think he repainted his one the correct colours). The answer was that with that and other models from the series, the marketing team belonging to the toy company were convinced that the correct colours were not appealing, that no one would buy the toy. Green, however, was a guaranteed seller… Hence they ended up green 🙂

PS i had to post in this thread as i dreamed i accidentally broke a priceless model with little trusses and was desperately trying to fix it :/

parkesie
    Free Member
    mogrim

I think you’ll find that in those Republic diplomatic colours, it’s actually the Tantive IV [/pedant]

You’re confusing ship type and name.

Your overconfidence is your weakness.

And your faith in your knowledge is yours.

🙂

teasel
    Free Member

Spectrum pursuit vehicle…

It was really heavy and you could do some real damage to the other kids toys with it.

Yeah, that’s the one. As you put it – a bloomin’ heavy bit of kit that could destroy most of the other kids toys.

On a similar destructive theme, I had a rather large ball bearing I used as a marble, about 50mm in circumference. When it came to dropping the marble from above only those made of metal would survive.

Not sure but I would imagine that was launched at the head of some unsuspecting sod, too…

zippykona

My favourite space lady.

perchypanther
    Free Member

When I was a little kid i went out to my Dad’s garage one morning and found this……

Strakers car from UFO.
    My dad was transporting it to a Car Show somewhere (Ingliston, maybe?) and had picked it up the day before from Dave Lee Travis, who bought it from the production company when the show finished.

Northwind

Love that website Parkesie, cheers 😆

parkesie
    Free Member

Wish it was a real place 🙂

D0NK

I thought that all of the Elite ships were named after snakes?

nah they do a line of snakes, birds and even some big cats (tiger lion panther etc – historically anyway)

Then there’s the oh so cool imp courier

enfht
    Free Member

So now I’ve got you tied up, who’s been a very very naughty girl….

samunkim
    Free Member

Oooh so this is how it works.

Post sci-fi babe pictures on the 2nd page of nerd-fest post, knowing no ladies will (ever get this far in) criticise the sexist images

Cool… goes off to start thread on fishing tackle

swanny853

Spectrum pursuit vehicle

Still have mine, still has the missile and it still fires!

flickr pic

(If anyone can embed that properly that’d be grand- dont seem to be able to do it from my phone…)

bigrich

Post sci-fi babe pictures

all those women were high ranking vital members of the crew.

Wilma outranked Buck, Seven basically ran the show and Captain Davidoff saved Jason every week

positive empowered female role models.

and, unlike many male cyclists, look good in skin tight clothing thats both practical and comfortable

lees
    Free Member

Still have my 2003 era re-issue eagle on my office desk

Bigger than the original one and seem to be about £140 last time I looked on ebay. No suspension landing pads though….

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I had / wish still had, one of these. From 2000AD.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Did I show you my Eagle? (Space 1999) content.’ is closed to new replies.