Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Did I miss the Professor Brian cox thread?
  • organic355
    Free Member

New series last night, wonders of the universe, would have expected it to be a 1st page thread on here today, you disappoint me STW!!

Jamie
    Free Member

*woof*

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well I got annoyed when he said that when you combine SO2 and H2O you get H2SO4.

kimbers

I think top gear is more at this forums level

bikebouy
    Free Member

I too looked for a thread with Coxy in it (last night) but came away thinking it must have been pulled..

Seems not, seems it was universally adored by STW.

I liked it, I thought it one of the best Programmes the BBC has knocked out in years.

Way bette than anything Attenborough peddles.

sadmadalan

Great program, plus the history of music program on Saturday night.

johndoh
    Free Member

Gotta say I think he is great. Clearly very clever but able to communicate with us idiots really well. And seems to have a genuine enthusiasm for it – he just seems to love life and love being able to share his knowledge.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Way bette than anything Attenborough peddles.

Why, what sort of bike does he use? 🙂

Big fan of Sir David, the Africa series is superb, and his previous Life… series were simply suberb, setting the benchmark for all wildlife documentaries.

mikey74
    Free Member

Isn’t that an old series? I have the book from the last one. Or have they done another series?

wallace1492
    Free Member

The new series is called Wonders of Life. Solar System and Universe already been done…….

brakes
    Free Member

there are millions and billions and millions and billions of tiny reasons why I would rather not watch Briiaaannn Cox. The stuff is interesting but I find his style increasingly irritating.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think top gear is more at this forums level

Oh! Get her!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The Beeb seem to be grooming him to take over from Attenborough as the nation’s fave presenter of serious stuff.

mikey74
    Free Member

The new series is called Wonders of Life. Solar System and Universe already been done…….

Ahhh thought so. I missed it but I’ll try and catch it on iPlayer

the-muffin-man

The stuff is interesting but I find his style increasingly irritating.

+1

IHN

The stuff is interesting but I find his style increasingly irritating.

I thought it was universally accepted that Prof. Cox was

<briancox> a-maaaaay-zing *gaze into the distance* </briancox>

Big fan of Sir David, the Africa series is superb

Hmm, it’s okay. It’s a just a little too absorbed in it’s own High Def awesomeness (there’s only so many slow motion water splash scenes one needs to see) and it’s very anthropomorphic. It’s less documentary, more animal story telling.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been consistent in my views of Sir Dave, he’s good but had his time. I think it’s time the Beeb moved on from relying on him to a) make decent programmes & b) bring in ratings.
    Be it Coxy, Parry or whome ever I think we need a change.

Coxy does it for me..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

been enjoying Orbit, Earth’s extraordinary journey which covers big scientific ideas simply enough for my non-sciencey other half to enjoy and get enthusiastic about. Similarly big budget with exotic locations and terrific visuals, Kate Humble a bit ubiquitous but Helen Czerski the female equivalent of Brian Cox, except not irritating 🙂

I overdosed on natural history series as a kid and havent watched an Attenborough series for about 20 years.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Did I miss the Professor Brian cox thread?’ is closed to new replies.