Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • did I just grab a bargain or not?
  • faz083
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120934259024?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

given the retail is £400, I felt like this was a good deal, but no one else bid and I feel like I was missing something?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looks good, bargains do exist.

monkeyboyjc

id say its about its value….
    its an auction started at close to the top value, so wont get to many watchers.

mboy
    Free Member

Great frame (highly underrated Vs a Cotic Soul for instance)

You paid what you thought it was worth

Did you get a bargain? For you to decide… 1/2 original RRP for something that’s a year old and been used is about right to me, but totally depends on how in demand something is normally.

You will have a very nice bike to ride though once built, and that’s the important bit surely?

iain1775
    Free Member

When did Auction end?
    If after 7pm tonight I imagine Last minute ebay activity is slightly lower than usual

BrickMan

‘a bargain’ is in the eye of the beholder.

On ebay full on bargains are rarely had in last few years thanks to bid snipe, more users, listing error dedicated sites, and forums linking to the more obscure stuff. I’ve had a few out of hundreds that I’ve got for a fraction of what I expected, sometimes I saw it coming (wrong end time, bad listing etc) others were listed perfectly, spot on photos etc, ending at the right time, and yet no other bidders. Crazy yo!

I used to be really obsessed with what I paid for things, and when to drop my bid (2-8seconds otherwise don’t bother with popular stuff), but now I just throw on a bid of what I want to pay for it when I first see it and then if I win, great, if I don’t, them meh, they’ll be another.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Good value for a quality product. Can’t see you having any regrets.

ampthill

Assuming you were in the markey for a steel hard tail in that size, brilliant

where it falls down is if anything in the above isn’t true….

faz083
    Free Member

haha^

Yeah good points, max I wanted to spend was £250, got a load of components hanging off a rockhopper expert, and fancied giving steel a try. It was either spend a lot of money on a new soul, or have a nose about and see what I can get cheap. I certainly feel like I have done well, just need to see how it arrives, hopefully as described!

and yes, I was definitely after a 19″ steel hard tail, so that bits right 😀

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say a bargain but good value

I bought a Pastey Howler on the bay four years ago for £110 again 853 just a less well known designer.

ampthill

Yeah good points, max I wanted to spend was £250, got a load of components hanging off a rockhopper expert, and fancied giving steel a try. It was either spend a lot of money on a new soul, or have a nose about and see what I can get cheap. I certainly feel like I have done well, just need to see how it arrives, hopefully as described!

and yes, I was definitely after a 19″ steel hard tail, so that bits right

In which case it was a brilliant buy

I always a bit dubious of the just grabbed these 140mm forks as a bargain if only I had a frame that could handle the travel type post….

faz083
    Free Member

ah right, yeah not much of a bargain if

a) you didnt want it in the first place
    and b) you have to spend £1000 on components to make the thing run! Suddenly it’s not a £200 frame, it’s a £1200 frame!

anyway, hey ho, I’m excited now, should come tomorrow or wed. Need a 27.2 seatpost!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘did I just grab a bargain or not?’ is closed to new replies.