• This topic has 52 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Did having a baby change your other half?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Yes very much so, wife had bad post natal depression for a few years after the birth of our second child, it was hard going for both of us. People seem to always support the sufferer but the ok apparently partner is left to it. She got through it eventually but weening off the happy pills was hard and gradual. I literally could tell if she hadn’t taken them after just a day.

monksie
    Free Member

It didn’t change my wife one bit. It changed me completely. Hateful experience and one which I will never repeat.
    “Best thing ever”? The singularly worst thing I’ve ever been involved in!

yunki
    Free Member

The whole experience is unimaginable..

crankboy
    Free Member

Yourguitarhero good question but irrelevant once we had crankbrat ,about whom I was totally ambivalent prior to birth , genetic drivers or personality change kicked in he quickly became the focus of our lives and a constant source of joy. My wife’s personality has not changed as such but it is evident that she would sacrifice anything to keep him safe and happy, her attitude to risk is totally different now,for instance after I got hit by a car last year she gave up commuting on the basis that as a family “we” could afford to lose me but not her.

cloudnine
    Free Member

There are some very dark depressing days with having children… But then they can also be amazingly funny, cute and a source of pride and pure joy. Some days are a frustrating struggle that pass by in a stressful blurry fatigue. Then there are days that are just indescribably magical. In the end it’s these days that carry you and you’ll treasure. I have 3 girls under 6 and my real pain is yet to come.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Yes

flip
    Free Member

Yes and we split up, my sons now 13 and we do stuff together, i dont treat him like a kid never have really.

Love him to bits but can’t see the attraction of having them on purpose.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Yep. We split up on the back of it. Never been happier. Got a cracking group of mates, great family, lovely daughter, and fledgling relationship after 5 years of shit

cinnamon_girl

Pesky hormones innit!

hora
    Free Member

We almost split but I fought for it/she pulled herself through. Dark horrible days. The hilight was her dialling 999 because I wouldnt do as I was told. She said the same to the officers – one laughed the other said he could sympathise. I wasnt laughing.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Cloudnine says it right.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Yes and we’re in the process of getting divorced.

Would we still be together without kids? It may well have ended sooner. The plus points to the last 14 years are my three amazing kids. Two of which I took up Lochnagar in the clag today and despite not seeing a thing, the loved the adventure. Those are the moments we’ll all remember.

rob2
    Free Member

My wife’s been a real trooper. Me on the other hand. Working with sleep deprivation is just a killer. I barely remember the last six years!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Did having a baby change your other half?’ is closed to new replies.