Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Did global warming / climate change cause the snow???????
  • crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

whats peoples opinions…if it did im off to buy a V8 range rover and help it happen next year…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It's the temperature drop due to winter, what caused the snow.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It's the ice age. We've fought it off with co2 for a while, but its won.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Did global warming paranoia cause lives?

Councils are assured that snow events are a thing of the past, and fail to invest in stocks of salt or gritting facilities….

marsdenman
    Free Member

It's the temperature drop due to winter, what caused the snow.

FLOG HIM – before he starts with crazy things like 'it gets warm due to it being summer' 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Excellent lets all get confused between weather and climate 🙄

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

It's the ice age. We've fought it off with co2 for a while, but its won.

in that case were all gonna have to run range rovers in the spring to bring on summer….and then smart cars in the autum to bring on winter?

rs
    Free Member

something called arctic oscillation apparently

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

is that when a lorry has a speed wobble?

miketually
    Free Member

Ha. Cos it's cold here right now you see! So the Earth can't be getting hotter! I see what you did there.

🙄

rs
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

rs – Member

something called arctic oscillation apparently

Aye – something like that. Whats even funnier is our usual weather is going further south than usual – so its 'orrible in spain and round the med and so on. We are getting an easterly that usually runs a load north of us – air from siberia.

Its great 🙂

rs
    Free Member

I'm jealous, at my place just east of Vancouver (height around 350m) we have had 1-2m of snow the last two years by this time. Its like a **** summers day out there today and we've had about two flurries all winter! give us it back you thieving b@stards!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How do you titillate an ocelot?
    Oscillate it's t1t a lot

miketually
    Free Member

I'm jealous, at my place just east of Vancouver (height around 350m) we have had 1-2m of snow the last two years by this time. Its like a **** summers day out there today and we've had about two flurries all winter! give us it back you thieving b@stards!!!!

That's strange, because there's no global warming. It snowed in Hampshire you see.

Lactic
    Free Member

Excellent lets all get confused between weather and climate

Good point. Thank goodness no one tried to blame the recent bad weather in the lake district on climate change.
    climate change to lash britain, hurricanes, locusts etc

miketually
    Free Member

Good point. Thank goodness no one tried to blame the recent bad weather in the lake district on climate change.
    climate change to lash britain, hurricanes, locusts etc

Isn't he saying that, because of climate change, there's more likelihood of those kind of events happening? He's not saying "there were flodds so climate change exists!"

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thank goodness no one tried to blame the recent bad weather in the lake district on climate change.

Yep, the clue was in the second sentence of that article :

"They warn that, although no single event can be attributed to climate change, the warming of the atmosphere caused by greenhouse gases means such disasters will become more frequent."

Note the use of the term : "no single event can be attributed to climate change"

chorlton
    Free Member

Sunspots. Or the lack of them are the cause of all this snow.

Or maybe not.

Lactic
    Free Member

No. The floods prompted an article on how extreme weather is an expected consequence of climate change:- i.e weather and climate are not completely separate entities, the climate effects the weather, the weather reflects the climate. Until it snows, when anyone wondering how unusually cold extreme weather is evidence of a warming climate is dismissed as "confused".

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

but did humans and their carbon cause the climate to change causing us long cold spell…or is it sumthing to do with the CERN?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"no single event can be attributed to climate change"

Without climate change, some of those "single events" would not happen. So it's a silly statement don't you think?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So it's a silly statement don't you think?

No, not at all.

Trying to use one event to figure out whether climate change is occurring, would be silly though.

As would, trying to figure out which baked bean in the can made you fart.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have been building a theory over the last few months… and this is fitting in rather nicely.

You know how the last few summers have been pants since the Jet Stream has been pushed south during the summer into a more Autumnal position, driving in Autumn and Winter type storm patterns… I figured that if it moved to that position as it's default then in our winter it could push further south giving our winter weather to southern Europe, and giving us more of a Scandinavian style weather pattern.

My reasoning – Climate Change is putting more energy into the atmosphere, which is increasing wind speeds. The Jet Stream flows around the planet, so if you increase the speed it gets pushed "out" and hence moves down more towards the equator… and lets the arctic air into northern Europe.

It's probably wrong, but it's a bit of a hunch that has been niggling me for a while. If I am right in this, and the next few winters are the same… I am getting me a Skidoo!

tazzymtb

the increase in pirates has reduced global warming therefore saving the planet, it must be true I've seen it on a graph

http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Did global warming / climate change cause the snow???????’ is closed to new replies.