Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Did anyone watch Charley Boormans Extreme Frontiers last night?
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

said he wasn’t afraid and fairly good for someone who’s not an experienced push bike rider.

And for someone who has trained and done (part of) the Dakar Rally?

MadPierre

Obviously his motorised bike experinces would help. In my experience they always do…

epicyclo

I’m sure he can ride ok, but riding on roads with a motorbike isn’t adventure in my eyes. Fun, yes.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

but riding on roads with a motorbike isn’t adventure in my eyes.

It is when you go to Sunderland.

globalti
    Free Member

Charlie Boorman’s dad John made a film called Zardoz, which apart from starring my fantasy skinny bird Charlotte Rampling was a big pile of self-indulgent drivel that sank without trace.

Northwind

globalti – Member

a big pile of self-indulgent drivel that sank without trace.

Not quite without trace:

Mostly Balanced – Member

KTM must be kicking themselves for turning him down.

It was a pretty close run thing tbh- if the show had taken a different line on the fact that they killed one of the GSs and the others all fell apart to varying degrees, BMW wouldn’t have been too happy. Likewise with the support truck in the Race to Dakar series. KTM made the right call, it just didn’t quite work out.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

quite liked it….least he helped some kiddy’s and stuff

konabunny
    Free Member

Boorman does motorcycle touring in Namibia now, apparently: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/newsletter/2011-11.shtml

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mostlybalanced> was Lois Pryce that South Africa chick who worked at a TV station

Lois Pryce:

http://www.loisontheloose.com/

I thought she was British…. Could be wrong though

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

The swearing made it virtually unwatchable for me at times.

My dad was in the army and I work with offenders so I’m well used to coarse language, but it really was totally OTT. It’s a pity that the opportunity to visit so many beautiful places didn’t inspire him to delve into any of the thousands of other descriptive words that our rich and varied language holds.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I met him at a Dawn to dusk 12hr enduro in wales years ago
    He came across as a nice enough guy , although tries a bit too hard to be one of the boys at times .

roady_tony
    Free Member

I hate these shows – at least we dont pay licence fee money to it, unlike all the BBC crap (julia walks across iceland – what a joke that was! Top Gear – what a pile of scripted rubbish, ETC ETC) anyway – i love a good rant at the BBC and rubbish stuff it produces – make em have adverts – the only good thing they cover, they sell off to sky (f1) to make/save a quick buck – then pay clarkson another million for next years “i’ll win the challenges and everyone else is a fool”

where is the real adventure programs these days? real people doing it with a camcorder and thier whits….no backup crews!….mark baumont gets 55 mins of tv program on the bbc for his stuff (check out his rowing to the Pole) – and then they want to sell it us on DVD!!!!!!!

tshpsh

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone watch Charley Boormans Extreme Frontiers last night?’ is closed to new replies.