Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Did anyone score some wood with Ophelia?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got off lightly but I was disappointed to only find one dead Oak limb to show for the storm.

Did anyone have a ‘windfall’?

johndoh
    Free Member

Not as such but we chopped the ‘at risk’ tree down just before so I have that to chop up this weekend.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No but the farm normally has a big Ash about to fall at any time.. so who knows… and it’s going to be windy at the weekend again.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

All my favorites cheeky trails will be covered in deadfall.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I got a text this morning from my wood guy, a local tree surgeon, he will be dropping off a load at the weekend and by the sound of it his pile of smaller bits for people to take is large…. I’ll collect a car load later …. He told me where to find the Ash. 22m3 and counting. Getting wood in zone 3 is easy.

nedrapier

Still got all the chestnuts to do, then? 🙂

eltonerino
    Free Member

We lost a fence. Our neighbour is a joiner, so he is going to fix it at the weekend 🙂

Houns

Not much, but a few thousand birches nearing the end of their lives to be got rid of and plenty of firs to be felled once January and new felling license comes… Also about 3km of rides to be cleared

scaled
    Free Member

I felt so bloody STW. I scoured the local facebook groups for fallen trees then went shopping when i was wfh the next day went on a little mission and got lucky.

The fire brigade had cleared the roads and found the council team chopping the wood 😀

bodgy
    Free Member

I felt so bloody STW.

😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My tree surgeon pal said they did contract work for the council after storms brought trees down. Back in the day they had queues of folk waiting to uplift logs as they were cutting. This was in Fife on a huge coalfield were every house had a fire. Most council houses have had their open fires replaced with gas central heating, so nowadays he says the council has to take logs back to its depot where they get chipped.

I expect some do, but the majority will be heading out the back door to a firewood processor

I’ve been quite lucky lately as when my tree surgeon pal has a job locally he gives me a call and nip down and clear it away from a neat pile att the roadside. A big change from forest foraging

mahalo

quite often get wood whenever i think of Ophelia Lovibond….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone score some wood with Ophelia?’ is closed to new replies.