Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Did all towns or villages have one
  • redmex
    Free Member

While visiting my old folk today i passed by the old dump, all good farm land now but thats where i got all my bikes and wheels, also was great with a Milbro aluminium gutty smashing all the bottles
    Would always get home before dark incase the rats popped out
    Was it only Stig and myself that played at the dump

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Used to play on a tip near Leyland in the 70`s, when we got bored of the tip we would slide down the motorway bridge embankments on bits of cardboard.

Mikkel
    Free Member

My grandparents lived right next to a big dump and back in the late 70s early 80s there was hardly a fence around it.
    Grandad had a shed full of salvaged bikes in all sizes.
    It was like a treasure hunt going over there to see what we could find.

shermer75
    Free Member

Sounds like I missed out, the tip in my town was always behind a massive wall

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Me & my old boss used to visit the council run tip quite often when I was an apprentice fitter.
    Black & Decker at Spennymoor used to dump a lot of stuff there & we’d collect bits & pieces & make drills out of it. Happy days!

sweepy
    Free Member

I think its an absolute crime you aren’t allowed to scavenge at the dump anymore. Mind you’d be bloody lucky to get pram wheels for a cartie anymore anyway.

redmex
    Free Member

Forgot about wheels for the bogeys where i come from, carties were the same but oor wullie had one

sweepy
    Free Member

Oor wullie had a bogey, Dennis the menace had a cartie, thats enough for me

DING

gordimhor

The dump (or coup as we would have called it) was miles away from where I lived as a kid.
    The cattle market was right next door though. Used to race round it on bikes at night if it was empty. If there were sheep in some kids might have moved some sheep from one pen to another. Not me, nope never.

CountZero

I was going to say yes, and now America has one for a President, then I realised the answer to the question wasn’t idiot…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Did all towns or villages have one’ is closed to new replies.