Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Diary / Memoirs type software recommendations please
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was thinking of writing down some of the stuff that has happened in my life. Not for publication but juts to see what I remember.

Most of this will be small stories of a few hundred words and these will probably be grouped into themes (bike, car, family) rather than be ordered by time. Some will fit into several categories.

Are there any free apps for PC or iPad (preferably PC)that let you create lots of small documents and associate metadata (category, date etc) so they can easily be sorted and ordered.

Ideally this would be on the web so I can work on it while I am away. I was sort of thinking or a lot of web pages with links between articles but not sure it would work.

Suggestions please

zilog6128

A wiki? Bound to be some free online hosting options.

jam-bo

evernote

Cougar

OneNote perhaps?

CraigW
    Free Member

You could use some sort of blog. eg WordPress is pretty easy to use.
    Yes, by default it just lists all of the posts by date, but you can add tags and categories etc if you want. You can also create ‘pages’, which are different to posts, ie they are not sorted by date. You can organise them into subpages etc.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

okay – started using a blog. need to work out how it will work but the preliminary structure is here : http://worldclassaccident.blogspot.co.uk/

Now I need to start adding content and working out how to link stuff, add pictures etc. It may be a slow update process

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Diary / Memoirs type software recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.