Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • dianne abbott – i'm surprised it took nine pages
  • bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Just that. Without reading it, I guessed it would be closed within four pages.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I love a party with a happy atmosphere.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J7zSjvvmns&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

I’m wondering who mark hit with the ban stick as per his twitter post…

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t see this one lasting that long.
    Linky clubber?

clubber
    Free Member

Can’t access twitter here but:

iDave
    Free Member

It was worth it for this…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

*takes “singletrack-cynic-al” handle*

Circle of life innit? For once it wasn’t me that got banned…

EDIT as an aside> Mark tweeted this:

“Ban stick wielded for the constantly argumentative big hitting egos. It’s boring and ugly. The grown ups would like to use the forum now”

Grown-ups can simply ignore the argue-threads, I steered clear of that one no probs…and the forum otherwise just gets on with it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Can’t access twitter here but:

http://twitter.com/singletrackmark
    Isn’t there a certain irony in calling the internet forum arguments childish then telling everyone what you’ve done on Twitter?

clubber
    Free Member

Not really. What’s wrong with that?

donsimon
    Free Member

OK, not wrong, just a bit ironic, I think it’s a bit odd to be publishing to the world what you’ve done in a look at me kind of way while criticising those on the forum who argue in a look at me kind of way.

clubber
    Free Member

I don’t think that’s what he was saying though. I read it as a criticism of those looking for arguments all the time rather than attention seeking (even if that may be the cause). And I suspect it was a warning of sorts to those who maybe didn’t get banned (banned? hidden message, I assume…)

scuzz
    Free Member

I love meta-forum-mechanics-threads which reak of reverential failure.
    The mods are awesome on here, I couldn’t put up with reading half the stuff they’re required to.

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t think that’s what he was saying though. I read it as a criticism of those looking for arguments all the time rather than attention seeking (even if that may be the cause). And I suspect it was a warning of sorts to those who maybe didn’t get banned (banned? hidden message, I assume…)

But the Twitter page is playing to a different audience, I think. The final thread closing post is directed at the forum and Twitter at a different group. That’s just my feeling.

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe. I don’t really know who or how many people follow Mark on twitter but it only takes one (eg me in this case) to cross post onto here so that people are aware of it.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

DS

What, you mean that people say different things in different forums, sometimes aimed at different audiences, but that sometimes they say the wrong thing in the wrong place, or it just comes over wrong?

Crikey, that could create a right palaver.

donsimon
    Free Member

What, you mean that people say different things in different forums, sometimes aimed at different audiences, but that sometimes they say the wrong thing in the wrong place, or it just comes over wrong?

Exactly. 😛

yunki
    Free Member

dear god I hope this thread makes nine pages too.. there’s already some good stuff being put forward..

keep it up folks

wwaswas

Crikey, that could create a right palaver.

You just have to say ‘Where did I say that?’ for your next 200 posts and it’s as if it never happened.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The meta analysis is pointless and it is his forum he can do as he pleases…not sure who got banned but surely it was better to say that on the thread rather than on twitter?

I was surprised it lasted as long as it did tbh

cynic-al
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    it is his forum he can do as he pleases

Does he not hold himself out to be consistent and following his own rules though?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont care we are all hypercritical to some degree …pretty sure that thread proved that if nothing else.

He/STW makes the calls it is not like this forum will ever agree on anything and [ if i were him] I would not care much what we thought as you certainly wont please all the people even some of the time on here

I certainly would not engage in debate with the forum about my decisions either …..imagine what would happen then.
    I probably would not allow threads like this either so on balance I think they and the mods do rather well tbh

Unmoderated forums are dire IMHO.

clubber
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    The meta analysis is pointless and it is his forum he can do as he pleases…not sure who got banned but surely it was better to say that on the thread rather than on twitter?

I agree actually – aside from anything it at least makes clear what is and isn’t considered acceptible since it’s often not black and white (unintended, oops…)

That said, I can also see that they must get utterly fed up with having to manage the forum when it’s being spoilt by some people who seem incapable of playing nicely..

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m glad it was shut down, good stuff Mods (in this instance anyrate) Squabbling kids and toys and dummies.

There seemed to be no real merit to the thread, just another “I’m right, You’re wrong” piss fight.

Edit:

And it was good to see some kind of reasoning from the Mods as to why it was shut down..”highly commended”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Today’s Matt cartoon in the Torygraph wraps the whole issue up nicely. Took me a few seconds to appreciate the real humour first thing in the morning.

Glad the thread was closed, it became almost hypnotising to go back and see how many roundabouts and dead ends could be driven in one go. Too easy to waste time reading it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For THM,

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is one of the culprits back today under a pseudonym ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

The thread did seem to be about personalities arguing rather than points being discussed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is one of the culprits back today under a pseudonym

Yes.

zokes
    Free Member

Is he talking properly, or was it not the keyboard-impedimented one?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There seemed to be no real merit to the thread, just another “I’m right, You’re wrong” piss fight.

Might as well shut the forum down then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

why all this is one back and then more digs ….is this not more of the same stuff that was objected to?

Jamie
    Free Member

Awww….ain’t that sweet.

binners

That Matt cartoon is genius! 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Here Mark you’ve added **** to the list, but if I type the two words the other way around…

donsimon
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    it is his forum he can do as he pleases

I’m not sure I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.
    WWGD?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘dianne abbott – i'm surprised it took nine pages’ is closed to new replies.