Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Diane Abbot in topless pic shocka!
  • righog
    Free Member

Thanks, I now know that my curiosity is greater than my revulsion*.

EDIT : *At opening the thread in the first place.

But WTF…..

From Labour, portraits of Diane Abbott, the Hackney North MP, and Margaret Beckett, the former foreign secretary, cost the public purse £11,750 each, and pictures of the leftwingers Dennis Skinner and Tony Benn cost £2,000 each.

clubber
    Free Member

Why does she have elf/vulcan ears?

iolo
    Free Member

She’ll claim that on expenses

fasthaggis

That’s rubbish,they should have got in touch with samuri 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

I think we should be told.

binners

iolo – Member
    She’ll claim that on expenses

No need – read the article – you’ve already paid for it. And I for one think it was well worth it. I’ve commissioned a huge portrait of her too. Its a slightly more conceptual piece, and involves a chainsaw and a large tank of formaldehyde

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s my MP that is. Haven’t been this proud since she changed her stance on private schools so she could send her own son to one.

gordimhor

I think in the digital age all mps portraits sculptures etc should be replaced by gifs. Stw could open a thread “Gifs you never watch at all”

MSP

On one hand, I have no qualms about money going to artists compared to many other forms of public spending, probably a much better use of resources than the usual “privatised profit, nationalised cost” dogma being forced upon us for the past 30 years.

But that is a **** awful picture, I would not recognise that as Dianne Abbot without it being pointed out to me. It is neither accurate or artistic.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It still turns me on listening to her getting all hot and flustered on R4.

😳

hora
    Free Member

Diane Abbot- would you?

righog
    Free Member

On one hand, I have no qualms about money going to artists

I would normally be right with you on this one, as well, but as supposed guardians of the public purse in a so called times of austerity, surely they could have got students ( or at least cheaper artists ) they certainly could not of been any worse.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eeeek 😯

Bloody awful portrait that.

racefaceec90

i don’t know which is worse,the bad painting or the fact i chose to click this thread 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

which is worse,the bad painting or the fact i chose to click this thread

I must say, the title was rather tuned that way. Knowing that people would think, “Hmmm. Diane Abbot topless? Well, I suppose I probably should have a look….”

😉

binners

I’d love a portrait of an MP on the wall at home. Maybe Michael Gove? Or Eric Pickles? Naked. But what I really want is this, published last year……

Got a friend or relative who loves politics? Don’t know what to get them for Christmas? Want to give a gift they’ll never forget? Allow me to recommend a very special book. It’s by Keith Vaz, and is all about his career as an MP. Its title, naturally, is 25 Incredible Years.

Across 150 full-colour pages, the former Minister for Europe (May 1999-June 2001) chronicles his countless achievements. He includes photographs of all the celebrities who’ve been lucky enough to meet him (Lewis Hamilton, Gary Lineker, Frank Bruno). He documents his many important local campaigns (p105: Vaz frowning at a Flymo in an untidy garden). He reproduces glowing references from David Cameron (“I am sure Keith has much more to give to his constituents”) and Ed Miliband (“Keith has held the position of leader of the Ethnic Minority Taskforce under successive Labour leaders”).

A must have eh?

ninfan
    Free Member

“Hmmm. Diane Abbot topless? Well, I suppose I probably should have a look….”

Whats worse, is that I can’t help feeling a little cheated… 😳

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In a funny kind of way, I quite like it.

fasthaggis

I must say, the title was rather tuned that way. Knowing that people would think, “Hmmm. Diane Abbot topless? Well, I suppose I probably should have a look….”

How very dare you sir!

I look at all threads that you post up ,as they are often artistic and educational. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How very dare you sir!

I look at all threads that you post up ,as they are often artistic and educational I buy it to read the articles. No, really, I do.

😉

wingnuts

[ninfan – Member
    “Hmmm. Diane Abbot topless? Well, I suppose I probably should have a look….”
    Whats worse, is that I can’t help feeling a little cheated… ]

A little cheated? I reckon there’d have been a lot to see there!

stumpy01

Was the artist looking through a wide angle lens as he painted? It’s got that wide angle distortion look about it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Could have got Rolf Harris to do them on the cheap I reckon…

righog
    Free Member

Mr Potato head not withstanding, the painting reminds me of something or someone, but i just cant figure out what, any guesses ?

scotroutes

Shoot me down now.

righog
    Free Member

Shoot me down now.

… No I think that may be it 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Diane Abbot in topless pic shocka!’ is closed to new replies.