Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dialled PA 853 or Cotic Soul?
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

Owned both of these in the past but noticing the Soul now has a tapered headtube now. My fav out of the two was the PA although the Soul was an excellent bike. If you were going again and could only have one which would it be?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Soul.
    But I’d actually buy a stanton slackline.

Not sure whether this will influence your decision or not either way, but there’ll be no more 26″ Prince Alberts once current stock of the 853 Classic frames are sold out.

I think I’ve got about 27 left of random sizes and colours.

End of an era.

honourablegeorge

Soul has dropper and tapered fork compatibility, and a replaceable hanger. If none of those matter to you, then the Albert is cheaper.

(actually, some Souls are on offer at the moment at £375, so it might just tick all theboxes)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I love my PA and it is a keeper but i’d be looking at a slackline 631 too.

It’s a tough choice and to be honest any of those three will build into an amazing bike.

MoreCashThanDash

Soul, simply because my battered Mk1 still makes bike shop staff go weak at the knees when they see it.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Mike,
    Does that mean we will be seeing a 29er PA?

martinhutch

The Slackline frame is a bit heavier than the Soul, I think. Felt like an altogether burlier thing, more like a Bfe. Beautiful to look at, though.

chambord
    Free Member

Does that mean we will be seeing a 29er PA?

yes (Unless their site is wrong?)

I agree with the above that the Slackline seems more aligned to a BFE (or an Alpine) than a PA Classic 853 or a Soul.

Yes, PA29’er in the works. Design and testing now complete, I just need to take the plunge and order some.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dialled PA 853 or Cotic Soul?’ is closed to new replies.