Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dialled PA
  • luke
    Free Member

Considering building up a PA and was wondering how they size up I’m 5ft 10 but with short legs so was considering a small frame, but how do they size up?

rOcKeTdOg

6ft 2″ on a medium here, fits great due to long top tube

Jimbo
    Free Member

E-mail Mike @ Dialled Bikes 🙂

stugus
    Free Member

I’m 5 10 and ride a medium with a short stem. sometimes i think I might have been better with a small. Small might have been a bit more chuckable. I use to ride a 16inch inbred which was a little on the small side. Have a try i’d say. If you need to try a med and your round cambridge area your welcome to have a try of mine pa.

chomp
    Free Member

6 1 and ride a med

tomdebruin
    Free Member

6 1 and medium here too. Really love it, the best fitting bike I’ve ever had.

andrew
    Free Member

6 and a bit – medium and 60mm stem. Love it.

Simon

I’m 5’9″ and had a medium PA which was too big for me.
    Now got a 16″ 456 which is just about perfect.

carlphillips
    Free Member

damn…just ordered a medium PA off of here im 5’9″ so now thinking it could be a wee bit on the big side!!
    also riding a 16″ 456 and that fits perfect as its pretty much chuckable.

anyone riding a medium who is around my size think that its ok for thrashing around on?

carlphillips
    Free Member

as im now panicking ive bought a frame that going to be too big to chuck around i’ve just been comparing the specs of the 16″ 456 and the medium PA, not too much difference by the looks of it, only .6 of an inch in the effective TT and everything else pretty much the same, is that really gonna make that much difference..?

<awaits the all knowing stw massive to tell me im wrong and it’ll make a huge difference>

rOcKeTdOg

just stick a shorter stem on it

carlphillips
    Free Member

ha yeah only running a 60mm on my 456

Jimbo
    Free Member

You should be OK (assuming you’re of relatively normal proportions). Being 5’8″ myself I was advised by (the massively helpful!) Mike @ Dialled Bikes that both the small and the medium would fit, with the medium being more for normal wheels-on-the-ground XC stuff.

Simon

I rode my medium pA for the best part of a year before admitting it was just too big for me.
    I had a 60mm stem on it and in-line post and the reach was OK but there was not enough standover for me.
    I find the 16″ 456 much better, it’s only slightly shorter in the TT but shorter seat tube and head tube mean it handles far better IME.
    Oh, and with more seat post showing on the 456 it’s comfier too.

I have a mate who is around 5’10”, he rides a small PA and he loves it.

mildred

I’m 5’11” and had a medium for trail and a small for DH/BSX racing. If you ride mostly trail I would argue that medium would be better. As mentioned above, stick a different stem on, in line post and have a play around to see what suits you.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers mildred,

its mostly trail so hoping it should be ok, if not it gets sold on and i keep the 456.

cheers all and soz about the hijack luke ( although it probably helped your question)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

6’1″ and ride a perfectly fitting medium.

Burchy1
    Free Member

5’10 here with a Medium and a 70mm stem which fits perfectly.

carlphillips
    Free Member

burchy1 got any pics..?

Simon

This was mine just after I’d built it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dialled PA’ is closed to new replies.