Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dialled Bikes PA Wheel Dish Issue????
  • jimborae
    Free Member

Hi all, so I’ve acquired a Dialled Bikes Prince Albert frame(circa 2010 I was told)and I’m in the process of rebuilding it. Now at the point of fitting rear wheel and brakes etc and have noticed a problem. The rear wheel is off centre in the seat & chain stays towards the drive side, probably by about 1cm offset. The wheel has come out of my full sus 09 Whyte E5 so everything is pointing towards a dishing issue but I dont under why. When you buy a set of wheels dish & offset are not mentioned??? So does this seem like a dish issue to you chaps or is something else more amiss.

simon1975

Put the wheel into the frame “backwards” i.e. with the rotor side of the wheel on the brake side of the frame. That will show you whether the wheel is dished off-centre or whether your frame is twisted (it’ll be obvious when you do it!).

jimborae
    Free Member

Thanks going to try that tonight, should also mention that I went from an old 9 speed Sram cassette to a new 10 speed Shimano one, still on the same Hope free hub though.

jimborae
    Free Member

It’s official, I’m a div, reversed the wheel and things looked better, but not great. So I actually looked closely at the dropouts and realised that one side was not seating correctly. Turned out there was too much paint in there from where I’d had it re-powder coated. Cleaned the dropouts properly and faced them and all is good now! Thanks for your help Simon.

Cheers

Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Bikes PA Wheel Dish Issue????’ is closed to new replies.